Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

"If you put the letter S in front of Hitman, you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart". :scsa:

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic:  GIW - not so innocent as you think?  (Read 7143 times)

Offline Joey Giordano

• Veteran
Re: GIW - not so innocent as you think?
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2012, 11:17:31 AM »
The person behind Jacob Rage is...

Just saying every time you make a post on here your IP is logged. It only takes Kut a moment to see it and give it to the people to proper ID if person making claims is actually even in the federation or just provoking.

Offline Smash Inc

• Superstar
  • Smashing Fella
  • eFed: N/A
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »
I'll preface this with saying that I am not in any of the three feds involved.

Personally I think everyone involved here looks like a fool and the quicker this is locked the better.

As far as the background goes, I'll have to disagree with what Blade said and say that the TWE background looks more likely to be sourced from GIW than vice versa. If anyone is able to prove to the contrary then I'll happily be corrected.

I won't comment on the chat logs since I don't have enough of a base to work from there.

The WEW involvement in this thread should not have happened and if there was an issue it should have been kept to a different thread. It reeks of someone trying to stir things up and I personally feel it has no place here.

Ultimately, GIW, TWE and WEW all come out of this looking worse and regardless of who you represent I think you'll agree that anything that needed to be said has been. The thread itself has devolved into a contest of e-peen measuring and I think the best thing to do right now is to lock the thread.

If any of you still have issues, sort it out privately.

Offline Blake Beckett

• Jobber
  • GIW Chairman
    • Galveston Island Wrestling
  • eFed: GIW
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2012, 06:57:14 PM »
Yeah, if someone will give me Rage's IP I'll ban them real fast

Background is kind of a misunderstanding. I dont know or care of he stole it or not, it's changed now, all good. GIW acted like trolls, and TWE came across as if they were hiding something.

WEW and GIW will be fine as long as we both stay away from each other, after all of this it won't be an issue.

Offline RoughKut

• I'm not your boy toy.
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Leader of the old generation
    • http://roughkut.com
  • eFed: RKW
  • WDC Record: 2 W 5 L
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2012, 01:56:21 AM »
There are ten pages of what appears to be some personal beef. Not trying to be rude or anything, but I don't really care about personal beefs for those who brought it to my attention. If there is some accusation of theft, provide proof and I will address it. I'm not searching thru ten pages to find it, if there is any.

Far as "he said/she said" I'm 33. I don't care.

If there is a reason that I should address any of this, please feel free to PM me. Other than that, my suggestion is either work it out like the mature people that you are or ignore the people who you aren't fond of.

This forum is for people to make problems they have public, that's it. Seems like you've done that. My job is done.
Don't forget to check http://roughkut.com 's homepage for original ewrestling blogs!

The Formula

{ Repetition = Members - Reputation = Good Members }

Need me? AIM @ r0ughkut

http://twitter.com/Rough_Kut - For important RK updates, site crashes and general information about my sex life and lots of emo whining.

RK is now on Facebook! Join us!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RoughKutcom/305158163173

Offline Blade

• Veteran
    • !KAPOW!
  • eFed: APW
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2012, 04:38:29 AM »
As far as the background goes, I'll have to disagree with what Blade said and say that the TWE background looks more likely to be sourced from GIW than vice versa. If anyone is able to prove to the contrary then I'll happily be corrected.

That is what I have been asking for all along!

Honestly, I really think it is a free Background/stock.

Actually Smash, i think you are right.  This is the first time I have looked at them on top of each other

Actually no, I am really not sure, can someone please confirm it for me.

If you look at the G!W one the only place it could really be cut is on the right hand side because they have the G!W logo on the left, but it has that contrast on the right  where it is a lot brighter and would be harder to cover up.

And on the TWE one, on the left hand side it has the two star bumps (they look like boobs) and they arent visible on the G!W one, and you wouldnt have them because the G!W one doesnt, it looks like it has been covered up on the G!W one

Can someone please PM me the .PSD please?!?

G!W

TWE
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:39:14 AM by Blade »

Offline JohnnySteel

• Jobber
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
Im uploading to the background I made originally, not that exact bg cause I don't have it save but the original background can show the steps I took to make that bg.. and the fact that twe stole it from us is just upsetting me because I know I made this bg. I made it from the wwe.com superstars (show) background from scratch for GIW. Heres the original pic I used everything else is original

Offline Aspen

• Jobber
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
Yeah I didn't want to come back and I am by no means a GFX expert but while ours looks smooth, there's looks like it was copy pasted together, looks blocky.

Offline TheSupremeForce

• Superstar
  • Knight of the Word
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »
Lifting your starting image from such an obvious source screams "coincidence" to me. 

Offline Tim E. Vortex

• Main-eventer
    • New Wave
  • eFed: NewWave
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »
I don't understand how anyone can accuse anyone else of stealing a background if it was taken from somewhere else in the first place.

Offline Blade

• Veteran
    • !KAPOW!
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2012, 06:08:20 PM »
Yeah I didn't want to come back and I am by no means a GFX expert but while ours looks smooth, there's looks like it was copy pasted together, looks blocky.

That was for different layouts..

Anyway, IT WAS A STOCK IMAGE, however it was adapted with brushes and filters.

So unless TWE can actually produce the psd or either you can??

But yeah, what Vortex said

I don't understand how anyone can accuse anyone else of stealing a background if it was taken from somewhere else in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:11:39 PM by Blade »

Offline Drago

• Jobber
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »
Where is Judge Judy when you need her?

Seriously, what is all the fuss about? It has already been taken from one place. One of the backgrounds provided seems like a copy and paste. Give me a smurfing break that it has taken ten pages to get to it.

Offline JacobRage

• Jobber
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2012, 09:14:58 PM »
I agree with Aspen and Cody. Our GFX for GIW is so much better than the one TWE stole from us.

Offline Blade

• Veteran
    • !KAPOW!
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:30 AM »
I agree with Aspen and Cody. Our GFX for GIW is so much better than the one TWE stole from us.

Lol..

its the same right?  That is what started the whole thing.

One is just a whole image and one is just like that for coding.  When the boards are visible, the 'blockyness is covered

But until either of the parties produce a .PSD then nothing is cleared.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:56:56 AM by Blade »

Offline Ailly

• Jobber
No Rest For The Wicked (GIW's at it again)
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2012, 09:46:44 PM »
It seems like GIW is back for round two with WEW. No surprise there. It seems the truce to 'be left alone' didn't really last that long. When I logged onto my twitter account for my Cassidy character, I saw a message from Alioth Starre mocking my character and WEW in the same Tweet. Then when I clicked onto the account link, there were more bashing tweets. I have screen shots of the Twitter harassment, but it doesn't stop there. Apparently there's a parody account of Darius' Sayge Jemson character on GIW [named Sage Gemson] who is there strictly to mock another WEW Character, Chance Rugani -- and they labeled the character Sayge [the WEW one, not the parody one] as the Jerk of the Year or whatever their snorkty alternative is for it, despite Jemson never actually being in GIW [lucky soul]

Now, I'm well aware that GIW pays for affiliation with Roughkut [no surprise, a fed full of assholes needing to pay for friends], but is this really the type of place that you want to be advertising? A place that is honestly, lucky to still even have a pulse? A place that likes to harass members and former members, as proven in the GIW - Not So Innocent thread?

Here are the screen shots:

http://i50.tinypic.com/idrakw.jpg
The twitter profile of Alioth Starre, since last time we had someone who liked to proclaim that these pictures could be faked. These tweets are still on his Timeline. That's not something I can fake. The link and the description also shows his place in Grotesquely Inadquate Wrestling.

http://i49.tinypic.com/qye49w.jpg
These four tweets were posted around 4:40 Mountain Time, and at that time they were the top tweets on his timeline. All four of them [technically three, since Eric James isn't even in WEW], are a very piss poor attempt at mocking our federation.

http://i45.tinypic.com/34nr0b4.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/300wetx.png
I'm not sure whether to laugh, or feel really bad for these children. Wishing death on a fictional character? Lol

Harassment is something that I would assume should be on the blacklist and NOT be advertised, but then they blatantly make a mockery of a character held by a handler that they don't like [which, by the way guys - we should be thanking you for that. in doing so you're giving the sayge character a lot of publicity ... even though you only have like, four loyal people, that's still four more people to learn about one of wew's brightest characters!]

I don't have a picture of their annual awards. But, they'll proudly display it like the assortment of collective juveniles they are.

Even if they don't get blacklisted, since they do affiliate here, hopefully this will serve as a guide to future prospects. If you join, see how scummy they are and leave, if you don't have protected tweets, you're getting harassed on Twitter. Be warned.

Offline Ailly

• Jobber
Re: No Rest For The Wicked (GIW's at it again)
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »
And here's the End of the Year award screen cap. I was just given a picture of this.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2s64ugp.png

So yeah. There you go.