Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

I"LL BE FLYIN HIGH ON THE BACKS OF MY CREATURES OF THE NIGHT GARBLGABBLELEGAHH :hearty:

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic:  Ryback Getting Stale Already?  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Jon Tees

• Veteran
  • Mr. Hardcore 101
    • The Most Useful Website that you’ll ever visit
  • eFed: JIWF
Re: Ryback Getting Stale Already?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 07:34:09 AM »
He beat Curt Hawkins this week but sadly Hawkins has become an in house jobber. He was beginning to get a push when ECW and NXT/Superstars were still aired on television, but since these shows are only broadcast online now only diehard fans who watch regularly will be able to tell how relevant Hawkins actually is these days. No disrespect to the guy, but this is how he’s presented and portrayed on the major shows he appears on. But perhaps this could be the beginning of Ryback stepping up in terms of the people he faces.

Offline Jon Tees

• Veteran
  • Mr. Hardcore 101
    • The Most Useful Website that you’ll ever visit
  • eFed: JIWF
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 07:02:13 AM »
I have a fairly good idea that Ryback is going to squash Tyler Reks next week. It might be a competitive match to some extent but in the end Reks is going to get dominated and placed into that muscle buster move with Ryback marching around like he has to take a leak. This might be one of Ryback's bigger wins as Reks is a fairly big guy who himself received a large push just a few years ago as a dominate force much like Ryback is receiving now.

Offline Sedaiv

• Mid-Carder
  • Fat & Happy
    • Extreme Wrestling Corporation (RIP)
  • eFed: EWC RIP
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 12:08:49 AM »
I don't know who Ryback is but he sounds a lot like Yamcha.
Read My Fan Fictions or goto Hell! :D

Okay Erza, show 'em if you got 'em!

I meant your powers...

Offline Wolfpack

• Superstar
  • Wolfpack in the House
    • MSW
  • eFed: MSW
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 12:58:08 AM »
Ryback is better known as Skip Sheffield from NXT season One

Offline Stoner

• w/ Maude Powers
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
  • eFed: FAG
  • WDC Record: Undefeated
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
Its been a couple months.

So he's beat a few more of the roster folks.  He also got an "Oh snork!" look from CM Punk a week or so ago when he showed up in the defense of someone Punk was beating up.  I've gotta say I'm excited for Ryback.  Its been a LARGE number of years since Goldberg was even relevant, and even then after his streak ended, he lost even that relevance.  The fact that Ryback is not one of those "well the sport I was is didn't work out for me...  smurf it I'll be a wrestler" guys means that even after his streak is (inevitably) ended that they can still have him doing things that matter.

I will agree they had him fighting locals for WAY too long.  The only reason I can see they did that is the fact that they wanted him to have as high a streak as possible before moving him to fighting regular guys so he didn't go through them too fast.  I'm of the belief they are looking to break Goldberg's record with him, and thats not a bad thing.

The Viking Wrestling Federation

I hate Stoner because he is a constant reminder of what I COULD be and am NOT.

:1THX:

If Stoner shook my hand, I would add it to my resume.

Offline Jas (Xero Blaqk)

• Superstar
    • ZuWar
  • eFed: ZuWar
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
I have high hopes for Ryback. The man is a beast, and if built up properly, he is going to be a good World Champ or WWE Champ. The guy has a lot of potential... and the only way they could make him better is to give him a good mouth piece... I'd say Heyman, but he's aligned with Punk... and is a heel... so I'd go with someone else, just not sure who is actually available.

WWE needs to differentiate him from Goldberg at the same time. That's why I said give him a mouth piece. But none the less, the "Feed Me More" chants are growing fast, as are the signs the fans hold up. He's getting over, but they need to do something with him fast. I like the whole Ryback/Miz thing, but I feel they will rush it, and plus Miz is a Mid-Card Jobber right now. As sad as that is.

Become apart of the #NewBadHabits in eWrestling! JOIN THE FIGHT. JOIN ZUWAR! <-- RK Mods Approve!

Offline RoughKut

• I'm not your boy toy.
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Leader of the old generation
    • http://roughkut.com
  • eFed: RKW
  • WDC Record: 2 W 5 L
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »
Ryback got the rub of a lifetime just by staring down Punk. The buzz is crazy.

But reports say that creative pulled it directly out of its ass.

So clearly it's going to go nowhere.
Don't forget to check http://roughkut.com 's homepage for original ewrestling blogs!

The Formula

{ Repetition = Members - Reputation = Good Members }

Need me? AIM @ r0ughkut

http://twitter.com/Rough_Kut - For important RK updates, site crashes and general information about my sex life and lots of emo whining.

RK is now on Facebook! Join us!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RoughKutcom/305158163173

Offline Jas (Xero Blaqk)

• Superstar
    • ZuWar
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 12:32:08 AM »

Yeah, it was pulled out of their asses, as a back up in case Cena isn't capable of wrestling at the PPV... But none the less--- It now sets a future match up. I think we'll be seeing a bit more of Ryback in the main event scene, slowly though. Pretty sure he's going to beat Miz first for that belt, though I wonder if they'll go all out and have him win that belt and the WWE title and be a double champion? BUT that's WAY down the line. The WWE Title has plans set up all the way to next Wrestlemania.

Become apart of the #NewBadHabits in eWrestling! JOIN THE FIGHT. JOIN ZUWAR! <-- RK Mods Approve!

Offline Stoner

• w/ Maude Powers
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 02:49:37 AM »

Punk vs Ryback may be going nowhere, but Ryback himself getting an "Oh snork" reaction from "The Best in the World" is worth its weight in gold. 

I could ALMOST agree giving him a mouthpiece, but then we'd just have Brock Lesnar instead of Goldberg.  I think at this point, I'd rather see Goldberg.  Let Ryback go out there, bust some fools like its no one's business, and build up his streak.

The only positive I could see to giving him a mouthpiece is that it worked so well for Undertaker with Paul Bearer.  I just don't know if Ryback's gimmick would support a guy that stands there and talks his trash for him.  Perhaps let former "munchies" talk about him?  No idea....

Offline RoughKut

• I'm not your boy toy.
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 07:38:28 AM »
There are several good mouthpieces for Ryback available. Matt Striker could turn heel. William Regal isn't doing anything.

Regardless the important thing here is they need to make sure his streak is important. And they don't turn him into a cartoon character.

I personally think they blew a good streak versus streak feud with Broadus clay.
Don't forget to check http://roughkut.com 's homepage for original ewrestling blogs!

The Formula

Need me? AIM @ r0ughkut

http://twitter.com/Rough_Kut - For important RK updates, site crashes and general information about my sex life and lots of emo whining.

Offline RoughKut

• I'm not your boy toy.
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 07:47:45 AM »
I didn't mean to turn heel for Matt Striker. More like fed up with being ignored.

Ryback needs some gold before he messes with Cm punk. Or else its just random... Which it reportedly was anyway.

The Formula

Need me? AIM @ r0ughkut

Offline Stonewall

• Mod-Squad
  • Mid-Carder
    • Orion Promotions
  • eFed: Orion
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 08:42:18 AM »
For a random, oh snork! moment, CM Punk sold it like his life is in danger.  So, even if they don't face off.  Punk has that "demon" on his back.  Which is a nice rub for RyBack.

Punk could've dismissed it, but chose to sell it.  Last time he did that, was during the return of Booker T during last years Royal Rumble.  Sold Booker's return, which he parlayed into a huge GM angle.

So, RyBack may have been getting stale, but Punk made sure in one gesture that people remember how "threatening" that man could be.

Offline KHill

• Superstar
  • Not in Breadline. Making noise still.
    • United Wrestling League
  • eFed: UWL
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »
"Punk could have dimissed it but chose to sell it"

Really?

Is it me or are people giving Punk waaay too much credit for every little thing he does? I'm a big Punk fan. (hes #2 in my fave five dawg) but come on. He didnt choose to sell it.

I actually loved the idea. Punk's face was great. And it did give Ryback a great rub. I hope that it leads to something. But not anytime soon. In fact, I hope its not even mentioned on raw tonight. Let it almost look like its forgotten, but over the next several weeks/few months have Punk keep running into Ryback, and have Ryback in the back of his head. That way when the feud picks up and becomes physical, its a major deal.

But I know most of you would hate that idea. Because the smarks have no patience whatsoever.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:28:26 AM by Stonewall »

Join the UWL Interfed Today!
http://uwleague.net

Offline Stoner

• w/ Maude Powers
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »
But I know most of you would hate that idea. Because the smarks have no patience whatsoever.

I don't think anyone has been asking for Punk vs Ryback to happen soon?  If they put him in a WWE title match now, the only thing it would do is either end his streak(bad), put the title on him way too soon(also bad) or make them have to use the "never been pinned or submitted" thing as he either wins or loses via DQ.  I think the slow build is the best idea they've had with it.

But having Punk show visible fear when Ryback showed up made it seem like even though he's beating the hell out of people that aren't particularly threatening, the way he is doing it has even "The Best in the World" worried.

Offline Jas (Xero Blaqk)

• Superstar
    • ZuWar
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 09:07:09 PM »
I don't think anyone has been asking for Punk vs Ryback to happen soon?  If they put him in a WWE title match now, the only thing it would do is either end his streak(bad), put the title on him way too soon(also bad) or make them have to use the "never been pinned or submitted" thing as he either wins or loses via DQ.  I think the slow build is the best idea they've had with it.

But having Punk show visible fear when Ryback showed up made it seem like even though he's beating the hell out of people that aren't particularly threatening, the way he is doing it has even "The Best in the World" worried.

Agreed. Not one 'smark' is calling for this to speed up. I think you don't talk to enough smarks as most tend to want slower, proper build of characters, unless it's someone who truly is ready and is over (aka Dolph Ziggler).

WWE is doing a decent job with Ryback, they've gotten him over with the fans enough now to start giving him mid-card matches and possibly even a IC Title match against the Miz soon.

The whole Punk/Ryback storyline is going to be slowly built... and like I already stated, don't expect it to happen until after Wrestlmania unless plans of Punk/Cena/Rock to fall through. Let's face it, we already know that Cena v. Rock at RR will happen... Rock will win... Punk will win the RR... and at Wrestlemania will see Punk vs. Rock for the belt. Who is going to win that is beyond me, but I assume Punk will win, so he can gloat to Cena how he beat the Rock at WM, and Cena hasn't beat the Rock once. This is the assumed storyline at the moment. Vince changes things at a moments notice though, so WWE might scrap this complete and push Ryback ASAP. I just hope not.