Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

:sparta:  KICKING LURKERS IN TEH BOTTEMLESS PIT SINCE 1999

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic:  Who is your team and why?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline RyanRayne

• Jobber
  • eFed: 13x
Who is your team and why?
« on: May 16, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
Whats your team? No matter if it's NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, whatever sport it is what is the one team that no matter what you are going to die a fan of??

For me its a toss between the Lakers and the Steelers lol I can't decide which one I love more...

Offline Haystak

• Veteran
  • Never Apologize
    • NEWera Wrestling
  • eFed: NEWera
Re: Who is your team and why?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »
NFL: San Francisco 49ers
I am bay born and bay raised.

NHL: San Jose Sharks
See above.

MLB: San Francisco Giants
See above.

NBA: Golden State Warriors
See above.

MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
See above.

Offline Kris Keebler

• Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
I am a Minnesotan born and raised

NHL: Minnesota Wild
See above.

MLB: Minnesota Twins
See above.

NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
See Magic Johnson and James Worthy

Love the T Wolves too.

The preceding is simply my opinion and is not to be taken as any proven fact of any kind.  Anyone stupid enough to not know the difference, hopefully this helps you.

Offline Semi-Pro

• Main-eventer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 08:39:47 PM »
NFL... New Orleans Saints. Never had "a team" to root from as there aren't any NFL teams here, but I fell in love with the Big Easy during my honeymoon in 03 and been a Saints fan since. After Saints, probably Bengals or whatever team Peyton Manning plays for, was Colts, now Broncos.

College BBall... Kentucky. I live and breath by the Big Blue Nation. Die Hard fan.

MLB: Wish it didnt exist.

NHL: Dont watch it.

NBA: Wish it didnt exist, cant stand it, but was a Celtics fan when I was young in the 80's.

UFC: Chuck Liddell and Anderson Silva.

Offline RoughKut

• I'm not your boy toy.
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Leader of the old generation
    • http://roughkut.com
  • eFed: RKW
  • WDC Record: 2 W 5 L
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 11:31:04 PM »
Any Detroit team that's currently doing well.

I used to like the Steelers when I was a kid. Don't really know why. Didn't even watch Football lol.

Don't forget to check http://roughkut.com 's homepage for original ewrestling blogs!

The Formula

{ Repetition = Members - Reputation = Good Members }

Need me? AIM @ r0ughkut

http://twitter.com/Rough_Kut - For important RK updates, site crashes and general information about my sex life and lots of emo whining.

RK is now on Facebook! Join us!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RoughKutcom/305158163173

Offline James 187

• Mid-Carder
    • Premium Championship Wrestling
  • eFed: PCW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
I was born in Texas, family are fans of the team and have been a fan for really my entire existence (have family stories of my mom watching scrimages while I was in the womb).

NBA: Dallas Mavericks
Kind of above. Started watching them when they were beyond awful (they were the laughing stock of the NBA at the time), and watched them become a player in the Western Conference for the past twelve years. Was a proud moment for me to see Dirk and the Mavs win it all last year. Although if I had a second team, it would be the Bulls because Michael Jordan was that good to watch (I always end up watching the finals and have been doing that since forever).

MLB: Texas Rangers
Same as the two above but for different reasons. My great Grandmother was a huge fan of theirs as she always had them on when the family and myself went over there. Through good and bad, I always supported them, and I'm glad that they are now a big deal in baseball these days. And I guess I can thank my great Grandma for getting me into baseball (my parents had a hand in it too since I used to play baseball between seven and eight years old).

NHL: Don't watch it. Haven't since before the lockout but was a huge Stars fan.

Offline Haystak

• Veteran
  • Never Apologize
    • NEWera Wrestling
  • eFed: NEWera
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
WISH IT DIDN'T EXIST! I HATE IT! NEVERMIND THE FANS WHO DO LIKE IT! ITS ALL ABOUT ME!

And Kuts the worst kinda fan there is. He only cheers when his teams do well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:55:21 AM by Haystak »

Offline Semi-Pro

• Main-eventer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 04:41:41 PM »
I bother you with my post, bro?

Offline klownisdown

• Jobber
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »
NFL: Detroit Lions
I'm from Michigan

MLB: Tigers
See above

NHL: Red Wings
again the same

NBA: Pistons
Nobody better than the Bad Boys

Soccer: Manchester United
I'm a huge fan of Sir Alex Ferguson their manager. I just respect a guy who hasn't jumped around to different jobs just to suit him and has really built his team the way he wants it. Too bad he's going to be retiring in the next couple of days but MUFC for me.

Offline RoughKut

• I'm not your boy toy.
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Leader of the old generation
    • http://roughkut.com
  • eFed: RKW
  • WDC Record: 2 W 5 L
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 01:24:55 AM »
WISH IT DIDN'T EXIST! I HATE IT! NEVERMIND THE FANS WHO DO LIKE IT! ITS ALL ABOUT ME!

And Kuts the worst kinda fan there is. He only cheers when his teams do well.

I really don't care what anyone thinks about that.

I have much better things to do than watch a losing team play a game. Like, paint a model car. Or clean my fingernails. Or argue with strangers on the internet. Or take photos of my cat.

What do I get out of it? What do you get out of watching a losing team? Does it make you feel like you matter to them? Does it make you feel good that you were supporting them and lining their pockets while they are losing until that fateful day when they finally win something?

I'm not a die hard sports guy. There is NOTHING fun or exhilarating about watching someone with a losing record play a f'n game.

But guess what? When my home team is winning, then it's fun to watch. It's even exhilarating. I fail to see the point otherwise. It's just a GAME.

Don't forget to check http://roughkut.com 's homepage for original ewrestling blogs!

The Formula

{ Repetition = Members - Reputation = Good Members }

Need me? AIM @ r0ughkut

http://twitter.com/Rough_Kut - For important RK updates, site crashes and general information about my sex life and lots of emo whining.

RK is now on Facebook! Join us!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RoughKutcom/305158163173

Offline Kris Keebler

• Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
I really don't care what anyone thinks about that.

I have much better things to do than watch a losing team play a game. Like, paint a model car. Or clean my fingernails. Or argue with strangers on the internet. Or take photos of my cat.

What do I get out of it? What do you get out of watching a losing team? Does it make you feel like you matter to them? Does it make you feel good that you were supporting them and lining their pockets while they are losing until that fateful day when they finally win something?

I'm not a die hard sports guy. There is NOTHING fun or exhilarating about watching someone with a losing record play a f'n game.

But guess what? When my home team is winning, then it's fun to watch. It's even exhilarating. I fail to see the point otherwise. It's just a GAME.

I have no problem with this.  The problem I have is with the people who join the fray when their team is doing well and like to spout off and taunt others about it.

Kut doesn't do anything even remotely like that.
The preceding is simply my opinion and is not to be taken as any proven fact of any kind.  Anyone stupid enough to not know the difference, hopefully this helps you.

Offline Semi-Pro

• Main-eventer
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 05:44:09 PM »
Thats cool that Kut doesnt brag and flaunt, but to me, it's still not being "a fan". It's just choosing to root for the winning team when they are winning, easily put as "bandwagon jumper". The Patriots didnt have a broad fanbase till they started winning, now they have fans everywhere.

A "fan"... rides with their team whether its good or bad. We are invested in what happens, season by season, game by game. And even when it sucks (like Bengals fans).. it just makes it that much better when they do good.

Only thing worse I can think of... is people like my brother.. who will root for a team, then change his mind the next season, then again the next, based on what's popular. I still do not know how he can say he WAS a Bears fan, then became a Packers fan, but now is a Giants fan. Aggrivates me actually.

Offline Kris Keebler

• Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 05:55:27 PM »
Thats cool that Kut doesnt brag and flaunt, but to me, it's still not being "a fan". It's just choosing to root for the winning team when they are winning, easily put as "bandwagon jumper". The Patriots didnt have a broad fanbase till they started winning, now they have fans everywhere.

A "fan"... rides with their team whether its good or bad. We are invested in what happens, season by season, game by game. And even when it sucks (like Bengals fans).. it just makes it that much better when they do good.

Only thing worse I can think of... is people like my brother.. who will root for a team, then change his mind the next season, then again the next, based on what's popular. I still do not know how he can say he WAS a Bears fan, then became a Packers fan, but now is a Giants fan. Aggrivates me actually.

Who cares?  Why does it bother you? 

Offline Semi-Pro

• Main-eventer
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »
you are asking why bandwagon jumpers and fair weather fans bother me?

Offline Kris Keebler

• Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 06:38:29 PM »
you are asking why bandwagon jumpers and fair weather fans bother me?

Yes.  Does it hurt you somehow?  Or can people just enjoy the sport as a casual fan without being chastised for not watching every game?