Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

I"LL BE FLYIN HIGH ON THE BACKS OF MY CREATURES OF THE NIGHT GARBLGABBLELEGAHH :hearty:

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic: [Original Wrestlers] Professional RPG Wrestling - Everything Else is Just an E-fed  (Read 3886 times)

Offline The Inquisition

• Mid-Carder
  • PRW Commissioner
    • Professional RPG Wrestling
  • eFed: PRW
[Original Wrestlers] Professional RPG Wrestling - Everything Else is Just an E-fed
« on: January 25, 2011, 02:03:49 AM »

Starting in mid June of 2005, PRW started out as a group of four friends just wanting to mess around with fantasy wrestling. By 2012 that roster of four has grown and hovered to a large group of 40+ members. With legends of the Match Writing scene a part of our roster and a growing undercard, PRW works hand in hand to create a truly fun and unique e-wrestling affair.

Don't believe me? Check out what our members have said.

Fed Name: Professional RPG Wrestling (PRW)

Year Opened: 2005

Characters: Original

Current Roster: 33 (As of this update)

Style: Turn based match writing. Two or more players compete by producing match posts turn in turn while a PRW appointed referee resides over the match to decide the winner. 

Shows: Monthy PPVs with free match creation in-between on PRW 24/7

Primary Administrator: The Inquisition
Primary Administrator AIM: Rawkfist2030

Secondary Administrator: Dragon Ace
Secondary Administrator AIM: TheAce313

Layout: Forum based.

Board URL: http://z10.invisionfree.com/PRW/

Other Features:
PRW 24/7 - This is an in-character area that is the life blood of the forum. Areas within PRW 24/7 include:
----------Fighting Arena: This is where all open matches are held. There are no "weekly cards" so to speak meaning that you can create matches at will against other members.
----------Promo Arena: Here is where you would post the more "traditional" character development RP's that you would see in other feds.
----------Backstage: The backstage halls of PRW are the place to do interviews and general RP's that take place in the arena themselves.
----------Locker Rooms: Create your own little home for personal RP's with your own character or tag team partners.
----------Off-Camera Antics: A truly revolutionary concept within PRW. This is the place where your characters can interact with other member's characters outside of "kayfabe". This is the place for a rocking PPV after party.

Guide to PRW: This is the place to go to learn PRW's style. A comprehensive guide about Turn Based Wrestling as well as an introduction to the board as a whole. A must read for new members

Dr. Wrestling: Originally a side project for one of the members, this guide turned into a how-to for all things important about different wrestling styles.

Training Room: Run by the same member who wrote the Dr. Wrestling Series, The Training Room is where members can get some pointers on their match writing. This can range from their grammar all the way through to the way they write out moves and their psychology in the matches. Many of the members in PRW have gained valuable insight into their own writing style and improved because of it.

Also in PRW are a vast amount of OOC boards for discussion ranging fron PRW related items to Hilarious Internet Findings

Due to PRW's unique style, we are able to accomodate to absolutely anybody. PRW is truly a place for anyone, of any skill level. With great writers already settled, and a great admin team, everybody is willing to help out anyone who is lost or confused as to how to best work our style. With one of the friendliest and accommodating communities known in e-fedding, new members will find it easy to slip right into the groove of things and really gain, what can only be described as new friends, along the way. If there is one fed in Roughkut's database that you should try out, we recommend that it should be PRW.

Also, we have cookies and candy. Just Sayin'
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:05:30 AM by The Inquisition »

Offline TheGodfatherPRW

• Jobber
  • Oderint Dum Metuant
Re: Professional RPG Wrestling - Everything Else is Just an E-Fed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »
I am on the roster/staff.

Like I have said before, PRW is my efedding home.  When I take a leave of absence and the urge to efed comes back, PRW is where I head.  I've been there since 2005, just about the beginning.  It has really grown into its own.  Our style is unique, our staff is organized, our members are fun-loving and funny.  My roots are deep in PRW.

Perhaps what I like best about PRW are the silly antics our members come up with.  There is plenty of room for serious roleplayers, sure, and we appreciate them.  But, there is something to be said about our comedians.  At one time we even had a dairy cow on the roster, Bessie, and that was hilarious.  Not to mention the presence of characters like Gunnar Wuher,  a pimping, pillaging, piledriving drunk-of-a-Viking.  Where else are you going to get that?  I also recall bouts such as a "cement shoes match".  Yeah, that happened.

So, PRW stands on its own seperate from most other feds in my eyes.  We've been going for almost six years and things are looking good for the future.  We just revamped the layout, the members are active.  I would recommend that anybody give PRW a try.

9/10 Offers I can't refuse...

Offline gunnarwuher

• Jobber
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 01:46:57 AM »
I am on the roster/staff

I am on of the first dozen members that entered into the "Fantasy Wrestling" realm. It's honestly odd to see our little creation bred from 2 different groups of kids from Upstate New York could spin into an international sensation that it is. We've had a solid core group of RolePlayers that have come and gone through our doors.

PRW is the best "Match Writing" Roleplaying e-federation on the net, bar none. The Undisputed Championship of Internet Wrestling isn't a gimmick, it's legit. The "standard" kind of roleplaying I've never gotten a hold of. This is pure wrestling for a wrestler's mind. This isn't some "Oh lets tell a story that has some wrestling in it" type fed. This is an in your face, hold for hold drama of a professional wrestling corporation. 

We have our jokers, our smokers, our midnight tokers, and everything in between. You will fit in as well, just a bit of adjustment for those of us who are used to cutting a promo every week and assuming that will get you a title belt.

We're too much fun to pass up. PRW is the only fed for me.

Offline The Inquisition

• Mid-Carder
  • PRW Commissioner
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:11:35 AM »
I also recall bouts such as a "cement shoes match".  Yeah, that happened.
Ah the Cement Shoes Match. Good times.

Offline Legion

• Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • http://vikingcru.wordpress.com
  • eFed: Experts
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 10:45:35 PM »
Disclaimer: The opinions I make in this review are mine and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of RoughKut and the RK Kamp Forums.

First Impressions: I'm not familiar with match writing efeds as a whole, so it takes a little getting used to looking at this stuff. That said, the forum navigation is pretty good; the sidebar makes certain key features (the guide for PRW, for example) easy to get to. A decent number of forums (not too many, not too few) and it's all quite organized. That's good, guys. Oh, and the fact that one of your champions uses Terry Crews for a picbase? Brilliant. But anyways.

Shows: The way this works (if I read the guide correctly) is, each match consists of each participant posting their part of a match, with a third party (another member not in the match) acting as ref. The matches themselves are interesting, but it's hard to judge the exact quality IMO. They're decent; nothing spectacular, nothing terrible. That said, the actual CONCEPT of turn-based match writing and building feuds in a similar fashion, I do quite like.

Community: Active forums, fairly "chill" atmosphere (no major drama to note). Nothing else to write here, lol

Overall: It's a good fed. I don't give normal ratings, I give grades. The interesting concept (and fairly good execution of it) gives this fed a solid B+. Keep up the good work, you guys.

RPing in:

HIW - Bobby Azula
Siberia - "The Arbiter" Alex Rettop

The Experts VS CWC - On Hallowed Ground

"The Nicest Guy In E-Fedding"

Communities I Support (And You Should, Too):
RoughKut (this very site, lol)
E-Fed Knights
Kapow! GFX

Offline The Inquisition

• Mid-Carder
  • PRW Commissioner
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 12:19:04 AM »
Thanks for the review mate.

Offline VideoEfedReviewer

• Jobber

Offline The Inquisition

• Mid-Carder
  • PRW Commissioner
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 11:05:07 AM »
Review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APAkqaLYD2k
Thanks. 8.5/10 isn't too shabby.

I would just like to point out that the sign up page is under "Wrestler Profiles" where in the sub-text it says "Register your character inside". I guess we should make it more blatant but the form is inside there.

Also Women can fight for whichever title they choose. It just so happens that the Women in PRW at the moment wish to stay in their own division.

Thanks for the review again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:42:41 AM by The Inquisition »

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
  • The Answer is ALWAYS B.
    • The VWF
  • eFed: VWF
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »
Just wanted to announce that PRW is one of the latest feds to join CWC.  Congrats to them, and looking forward to seeing them continue to succeed in 2011.

You want to thank me for reviewing your fed?  Go review mine then.  Viking Wrestling Federation.

http://roughkut.com/kamp_v3/index.php?topic=15879.0

Offline The Inquisition

• Mid-Carder
  • PRW Commissioner
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 09:37:11 PM »
We are honored to be apart of your e-fedding community. It's nice to say that PRW is CWC  :biggrinthumb:

Offline Joey K

• Veteran
  • Slap and Pickle
  • WDC Record: WDC King
Re: Professional RPG Wrestling - Everything Else is Just an E-fed
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »
Okay, Joey K review coming up.

I've never minded feds that don't have a main page, and by the looks of this board, it doesn't need one. The first thing that caught my eye clicking on the link, is the wonderful graphics job. The main banner dealy thingy at the top is just magnificently done.

Scrolling down, you can find information that any other fed would have on their main page, such as Champions, rules, guide, and the link to the roster. They're prepared in neat little tables.

One thing that bothers me, and it just may be me, but it stretches horizontally past where I can see on my monitor, and no scroll bar to move left and right, so I see everything cut off. Anyone else have that problem?

It makes a big difference when I'm looking at the roster, though I can see everyone, the far right members are cut off half way, kind of irritating, but again it just might be only me experiencing that problem.

The roster looks very healthy, a good amount of members, and the roster page is neatly done, there was a lot of effort put into everything up to now, and it really shows.

Looks like six titles, with one tag team championship. Seems like a good number for the size of the roster.

I'm having trouble finding out their show schedules, it seems like they run a PPV and a mini PPV? I can't seem to find any info on how often they're run, so If I were to offer a bit of advice, maybe you can add a table on the left that shows your guys' schedule.

They have archived RP's dating years back, but I don't see recent RPs... do I need to join? If so, this should be information available to anyone looking at your fed, who aren't quite ready to register, and perhaps would like to see the skill levels you offer.

Overall, if I were to grade the fed, I'd give it a B-

I think there are some things that, if improved, would really make this fed stand out.

Offline The Inquisition

• Mid-Carder
  • PRW Commissioner
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »
Thanks for the review man. I'd like to take this post to clarify the problems you dealt with:

One thing that bothers me, and it just may be me, but it stretches horizontally past where I can see on my monitor, and no scroll bar to move left and right, so I see everything cut off. Anyone else have that problem?

It makes a big difference when I'm looking at the roster, though I can see everyone, the far right members are cut off half way, kind of irritating, but again it just might be only me experiencing that problem.

I haven't had any previous issues with other members. Though I think one member did have your problem. His computer normally screwed up everything so I didn't really do much about it. Can I ask, how big is your screen?

I'm having trouble finding out their show schedules, it seems like they run a PPV and a mini PPV? I can't seem to find any info on how often they're run, so If I were to offer a bit of advice, maybe you can add a table on the left that shows your guys' schedule.

They have archived RP's dating years back, but I don't see recent RPs... do I need to join? If so, this should be information available to anyone looking at your fed, who aren't quite ready to register, and perhaps would like to see the skill levels you offer.

PRW doesn't have a set schedule apart from the monthy PPVs. We allow free reign to create your own matches. This is a double edged sword as while it allows freedom for anyone to have a match at any time, sometimes we go through some lulls between PPVs where not much happens match wise.

Our "Schedule" is basically a list of dates and arenas that PRW would be performing at throughout the year. You then take that and apply it to your RPs.

The RP section is under "PRW 24/7". From there it splits into "Fighting Arena", "Promo Arena", "Backstage" etc. and you don't need to join to view that, or any other area of the board.

Hope that clarifies everything for you.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 05:21:03 AM by The Inquisition »

Offline The Inquisition

• Mid-Carder
  • PRW Commissioner
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 05:49:10 AM »
Roughkut himself has reviewed us. See it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST9xE8lqiB4

Offline The Inquisition

• Mid-Carder
  • PRW Commissioner
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 12:58:42 AM »
I've added a link to what members have said about PRW. Check it out.

Offline TheGodfatherPRW

• Jobber
  • Oderint Dum Metuant
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »
What very kind reviews.  It is nice to get some recognition for our humble little fed.

Again, thanks to Kut, Joey K, Legion and the anonymous video reviewer for their contributions.  Stop by anytime if you'd like to give us a try.  Much credit to IQ for his efforts, too.  Good job, buddy.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:05:14 PM by TheGodfatherPRW »