Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Deep thoughts: If trees could scream, would you chop them down? You would if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic:  WARPED Wrestling  (Read 7697 times)

Offline Joey WARPED

• Main-eventer
  • WARPED Wrestling - The Indy Fed since Feb 2010
    • WARPED
  • eFed: WARPED
WARPED Wrestling
« on: February 05, 2010, 04:41:46 AM »
UPDATE - MARCH 10, 2014

We're still going strong after just celebrating our 4 Year Anniversary! We'd love to have you on the roster. Don't worry about not fitting in or anything. We're welcoming to everyone of all skill levels and personalities. Come hang out and join in on the fun. We haven't left our roots - we're still running small venues, still running things indy-fed style, and still releasing shows on DVD and not on TV. So if you're looking for something a little different from the other feds that's also been around for 4 years now, give us a try. Thank you!

Original Post:

Feb-05-2010
New Indy Fed, WARPED Wrestling, Opens Doors
@ www.warpedwrestling .com < <

As of February 5, 2010, WARPED Wrestling has opened its doors as a new Independent Pro Wrestling Organization under the helm of Joey Matthew and Patrick Kay Anthony.

WARPED is America's Principal Source for Pure Wrestling and will provide the best talent in the world to cities throughout the United States and eventually worldwide. Tentative plans have at least two WARPED shows each month, with the possible addition of a third, along with Supercards every few months. Events will be held in small venues throughout the United States, starting on the East Coast and Midwest region and eventually moving out West. We are working on a DVD distribution deal to be finalized as of now.

Applications are now being accepted. While WARPED pledges to provide the best the world has to offer, this does not mean you have to be a seasoned veteran to join the ranks. Whether you are top shelf talent or a rookie trying to catch a break, we will train you to be the absolute best. A base roster of 10 needs to be established before the first show can be booked, so please apply today and be one of the first to have their name under the WARPED Wrestling banner.

If there's some of you out there who are interested in being booked by WARPED but aren't ready to commit to a contract just yet, that's not a problem at all. We do not expect us to be your sole fed. If you'd like to volunteer to join us for the first show or be apart of a trial period before committing to WARPED, this is also acceptable.

For more info please email Joey Matthew at warpedwrestling@gmail.com

More to come later.

Thank you,
WARPED President, Joey Matthew
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:08:23 PM by Joey WARPED »

WARPEDWrestling.com

Owner - WARPED Wrestling - Established February 2010
Former owner of Headstrong Wrestling
Handler of "Grade A" PKA

Offline Legion

• Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • http://vikingcru.wordpress.com
  • eFed: Experts
Re: New Indy Fed - WARPED
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »
I f**king hate liars. This was open at some point last year.

Other than that, I'll check it out after the weekend's over.

RPing in:

HIW - Bobby Azula
Siberia - "The Arbiter" Alex Rettop

The Experts VS CWC - On Hallowed Ground

"The Nicest Guy In E-Fedding"

Communities I Support (And You Should, Too):
RoughKut (this very site, lol)
E-Fed Knights
Kapow! GFX

Offline Joey WARPED

• Main-eventer
    • WARPED
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 03:09:06 AM »
Not so much a fan of being called a liar. Nonetheless, I'll comment on this. I initially wanted to open WARPED with a "unique" concept that not too many people could wrap their heads around or understand, so I decided to not go ahead with the fed. That concept is not being used, and the WARPED that 'would've been' was never launched. So yes, this is new.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:10:01 AM by SaymeTalent »

WARPEDWrestling.com

Handler of "Grade A" PKA

Offline Double G

• Veteran
    • Sunrise Wrestling
  • eFed: Sunrise
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 04:53:03 AM »
You still had it and it was under the WARPED name so I can see where Legion is coming from saying that it had been open before, even if you didn't have success with it. So in his perspective you are lying about it being a new fed and I'm sure some would agree with him.

Offline Austinzno

• Veteran
  • ZING!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:25:46 AM »
Looking good.. WARPED info coming your way!

Look at the date.

It's not like Helms got wasted and screamed "Stand back, A hurricane is coming through!" and then teabagged the chick.

Offline Legion

• Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • http://vikingcru.wordpress.com
  • eFed: Experts
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »
Not so much a fan of being called a liar. Nonetheless, I'll comment on this. I initially wanted to open WARPED with a "unique" concept that not too many people could wrap their heads around or understand, so I decided to not go ahead with the fed. That concept is not being used, and the WARPED that 'would've been' was never launched. So yes, this is new.

That's fair enough, but I wish you'd make this clear on the original post. I'm not the only one who would have this kind of thought looking at a familiar name being pushed as a "new" fed, and this post clarifies things a bit. So, thank you for clearing that up. :)

RPing in:

HIW - Bobby Azula
Siberia - "The Arbiter" Alex Rettop

The Experts VS CWC - On Hallowed Ground

"The Nicest Guy In E-Fedding"

Communities I Support (And You Should, Too):
RoughKut (this very site, lol)
E-Fed Knights
Kapow! GFX

Offline Joey WARPED

• Main-eventer
    • WARPED
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 12:54:20 PM »
Glad I could clear things up. Its all gravy :D

WARPEDWrestling.com

Handler of "Grade A" PKA

Offline CWF

• Jobber
    • Classic Wrestling Federation Website
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 10:15:14 AM »
Joey Matthews? Warped Wrestling? VERRY familiar.

Hey dude, I think you know me. I'm one of those guys from the Total J Cup that stayed until the end... Yeah, CWF, Terry Richards, you got it. Crazy thing is, I wonder around RoughKut and there I find your site. Hmm...

Dunno, I think you can run a fed when you want to. If I get sure you don't royally flake on us again, maybe you'll have one on your way...

Offline Joey WARPED

• Main-eventer
    • WARPED
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 04:10:35 PM »
While this isn't a place to discuss the Total J Cup, I will say that I tried getting in contact with the 3 remaining handlers at the end after I fluffed up (had some crap going on in the real world I didn't feel needed to be talked about there) and the only one who was around was Kris CarMicheal... and I waited for the other 2 to pop up, and still nothing. So if I was supposed to post winners for the 2 matches and book the finals but still have nobody be around, what was the use? I know I dropped the ball but I didn't purposely flake and its not something I make a habit out of doing.

Just had to clear all that up. Hope somehow it helps things..

WARPEDWrestling.com

Handler of "Grade A" PKA

Offline CWF

• Jobber
    • Classic Wrestling Federation Website
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 04:45:45 PM »
While this isn't a place to discuss the Total J Cup, I will say that I tried getting in contact with the 3 remaining handlers at the end after I fluffed up (had some crap going on in the real world I didn't feel needed to be talked about there) and the only one who was around was Kris CarMicheal... and I waited for the other 2 to pop up, and still nothing. So if I was supposed to post winners for the 2 matches and book the finals but still have nobody be around, what was the use? I know I dropped the ball but I didn't purposely flake and its not something I make a habit out of doing.

Just had to clear all that up. Hope somehow it helps things..

Hey, I understand, but didn't someone in the TJC forums say something about you having a reputation on flaking? Think I heard something...

Oh well, just wished we could close the damn thing. It's cool to get back in contact with ya.

Offline Joey WARPED

• Main-eventer
    • WARPED
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 06:02:35 PM »
Hey, I understand, but didn't someone in the TJC forums say something about you having a reputation on flaking? Think I heard something...

Oh well, just wished we could close the damn thing. It's cool to get back in contact with ya.

Yeah, that was Dan / CarMicheal. There were some issues a long time back but he's very opinionated when it comes to that subject and while I think he's a cool guy, and he is, he can also show his dislike for me very easily lol.. its cool though.

Perhaps we can find a way to close this tournament though. Perhaps it can be in WARPED.

WARPEDWrestling.com

Handler of "Grade A" PKA

Offline Joey WARPED

• Main-eventer
    • WARPED
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:23:58 PM »
The official announcement that has been teased for days is that on Sunday, March 7, WARPED Wrestling will hold its first ever event live from The Frontier Park Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, IL! More on this event will be on the way in the coming days including the official match announcements for WARPED Wrestling's first ever live event ever!

There is still time to get your name on the roster so you can be on the first event card. Sign up now!

WARPEDWrestling.com

Handler of "Grade A" PKA

Offline DylanDaniels

• Jobber
    • http://www.dylandaniels.ewcentral.com
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 01:31:30 AM »
It's probably a ridiculous but if you could Kut would you please delete all the negativity about the J cup so we can discuss this fed proper?

Now onto the review.

ON THE ROSTER: This fed is one of the best "indy" style feds I've been in. There's a real commendatory amongst the roster. The Layout is simple and to the point as are the graphics. I'm not one for flash in the pan graphics. Roleplays I've read are top notch PROMO rps and not epic diatribes or soliloquies about someones grandmother's dogs dieing of diabetes. Most of the promos are to the point, the match writing is a style I love. Joey is easy to get a hold of. Plus most of us are on the twitter bandwagon now. The Employee of the month plaque is an honor that I gladly was the first to receive.

If you're looking for an easy going fed head, light schedule and a fed that's fixing to springboard to the moon with the stories. I'd say warped is for you. Just don't expect any pyro unless you're character brings a homey and some sparklers.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w77/dylandaniels/dylandanielssig.gif" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]
Will you join me in this dance, this dance of Misery?
Misery's Highlight Reel(The Web page 1.1.3)

Offline DylanDaniels

• Jobber
    • http://www.dylandaniels.ewcentral.com
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 01:57:30 AM »
sorry meant comradely amongst the roster. Spelling aint that great to many bumps haha.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w77/dylandaniels/dylandanielssig.gif" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]
Will you join me in this dance, this dance of Misery?
Misery's Highlight Reel(The Web page 1.1.3)

Offline PWSR Executive

• Jobber
    • http://www.pwsmarks.com/pws
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »
My Review

The Good: For not having a background or anything and just having a plain white background, I like the front page. It's not all over the place with wacky colors and schemes. It's very organized with quite a few features to look at, while not making it look cluttered. I like how they are "working their way from the bottom, to the top." It gives it more of a realistic feeling, to me. The rules are right to the point. No jumping through hoops to figure them out and there's not 500 different rules and regulations to go by. Gives me the impression it's a very laid back fed which is certainly a big plus. There looks to be a good sized roster right now. I think 19 superstars I counted on the Talent page. Not a bad number, especially for a fed that hasn't been open that long. There are only 2 championships, which I think is a pretty good number for the size of the roster. I think I'd think about a 3rd one pretty soon if the roster gets a couple more people but less is better than too much and cheapening the title's worth. The roleplayers there look to be pretty solid. The OOC community seems to be pretty active, as well. My brother has recently signed up and started getting into the swing of things with this fed and I've heard nothing but good things concerning how friendly the members are there. Very easy going.

The Bad: I really don't see too much wrong with this fed, to be honest. One thing that is kind of a downer to me is, on the forum, there is only one board to post all roleplays. After a while, I think that would get pretty clustered. I think it's better to have a separate boards for off show roleplaying and show roleplaying. I think it would make things more organized and such and easier to tell what's a match RP and what's not. But that just might be a personal thing. I just like to have things specifically labeled so I know exactly where to roleyplay for what and not get everything clustered into one thing. The other thing I'm not a fan of is the forums lack any real design. The front page looks great and sets the tone for the fed. But then when I go to the forum, it really brings it down a few notches. It doesn't even look like a forum for EFedding. If I didn't know the site and someone just linked me to it, just by looking at it, I would not guess it was an EFed forum. I wouldn't overdo it with a ton of stuff because the simple layout isn't bad, just like the front page. But I think it just needs something.

The Verdict: Overall, I really like the fed. Very laid back feel to it. If I was looking to join a fed, I would seriously consider this fed. Especially if I am busy (which I am) because it has such an easy schedule of 1 or 2 shows a month. There were those couple of things I didn't like about the fed but they aren't deal breakers, especially if I'm just looking for a fed to have fun and not worried about all that extra stuff.

Rating: I'll go with a 7.5/10. Like I said, I really did like this fed. Keep up the good work and good luck with the fed. I wish it nothing but total success and I am actually considering joining after looking it over for this review.