Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

:sparta:  KICKING LURKERS IN TEH BOTTEMLESS PIT SINCE 1999

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic: [Original Wrestlers] Xtreme Wrestling Alliance  (Read 4143 times)

Offline johawn

• Jobber
  • XWA Representin'
    • XWA Battlezone!
  • eFed: XWA
[Original Wrestlers] Xtreme Wrestling Alliance
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:46:11 AM »

Fed Name:
Xtreme Wrestling Alliance (also known as XWA or the XWA BattleZone)

Year Reopened:

Characters:
Original

Style:
We are a match based fed, and employ the following style of match writing:

Two or more players write complete competing matches, and the rest of the community vote for the winner. The match with the most votes will be considered canon and the writer of the match will be declared it's winner (unless they write themselves as the loser, in which case they'd naturally be declared the loser, but it'd still be canon). If the other match writer no-shows then the one who did show will win and their match will automatically be canon. If neither shows, the match will be not be considered to have taken place and neither will win.

About Us:
If you're reading this, it must mean you are interested in the XWA, the internet's #1 Match-Writing E-Fed. The door here is always open and we welcome anyone who wishes to participate.

Founded in 1999 and once boasting one of the biggest rosters in e-fedding, the XWA was brought to an unceremonious halt when it closed down in 2005. For the years following it's hiatus the XWA was nothing more than a memory, something referred to in past tense at all times.

In 2009, the XWA returned, bringing with it many of the veterans that occupied it once upon a time while recruiting and bringing a new crop of awesome stars to the XWA ring.

The newest version of the XWA has been active for four years, and in that time we've seen some of the best matches ever written, new rivalries started and old ones continued, a big split in the roster in 2010 which lead to a 'Faction War' and indisputable proof that the younger, less experienced guys can still hang with our ever-changing main event scene.

In 2013, as old stars vacate and newer stars prevail the XWA finds it's self stepping into a brand new era with new main eventers, new stars and it's at this point we hope to get bigger and better than before. Join us using the link at the bottom or by clicking the logo at the top of the page and get involved in the always fun, never quiet world of the Xtreme Wrestling Alliance!

Special Features:

For The People, BY The People-
The XWA BattleZone prides it's self on the fact it is mainly, if not all driven exclusively by the members themselves. Here you will not get anyone telling you that you can't do a storyline, that you can't have more than one character, that you're not ready to challenge for a belt. Quite simply, you tell your own story and we go along with the ride you create. Matches are judged by other members, not a faceless board of admins. All things considered the XWA experience is brought together completely by a unique, collective effort by the entire board it's self. The main focus of XWA programming can completely change depending on what you bring us. You want to be in the main event? Grab the bull by the horns and show us why.

The XWA Lounge-
An in-character forum, where you'll find blog posts, Twitter posts,TV and radio appearances, news reports and an array of other things relating to the in-character universe of the XWA.

OOC Boards-
We have one of the most active Out Of Character presences in any Efed. Lots of boards to talk about anything, be it films, wrestling, games, life in general...practical ly anything.

Feedback-
We're an open community at the XWA. So open in fact that we have a special feedback board. If you've got ideas you wanna pitch or you just wanna give us some feedback about whatever on the boards then we'll allow that! Our feedback board has been created especially for this.

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/XWABattleZoneEFed

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/xwa_battlezone

YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/XWABattleZone

Number of current active RPers:

Show Shedule:
Bi-Weekly Show- "XWA Massacre"
Bi-Monthly Pay Per Views

The card is posted on a Friday then the deadline is on the following Sunday, so you are given a period of nine days to write and post your match. A small break will be taken till the next Friday when the next card is posted and the circle continues. This is the schedule for every show. Occasionally we will give extensions for things, be they matches or voting. There is no deadline for promos.

Admin Team:
Diamond Jack Sabbath, Angelus, Johawn, Tempest, Dan Bennett and DarkSabre

Layout:
Forum-based.

Board URL:
http://www.xwabattlezone.com/XWA/index

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:53:04 PM by johawn »

Offline XWATempest

• Jobber
  • The Storm of the Century
    • Xtreme Wrestling Alliance
Re: Xtreme Wrestling Alliance
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:16:57 PM »
The coolest thing about the XWA is how we determine who wins a match.  

Basically, each competitor writes their own version of the match and everyone else votes.  Who ever gets the most votes for their entry wins, and their match is thereafter considered canon and treated as such.

You really get to COMPETE in the XWA.  You hold the power to win or lose.  Gotta love it.  :biggrinthumb:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:18:18 PM by XWATempest »

xwabattlezone.com/XWA

Offline johawn

• Jobber
  • XWA Representin'
    • XWA Battlezone!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:04:18 PM »
Would it be possible to get a little review off of anyone? We could really do with a little...wassitcall ed? Recommending or a nice little write up, if anyone has the time. I really feel we have some very strong shows.

Thanks!

Offline johawn

• Jobber
  • XWA Representin'
    • XWA Battlezone!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:16:56 AM »
Sorry for the quite shameless bump, but we've pretty much re-shaped our fed from top to bottom and I've updated the OP to reflect this. Please check us out, and give us a review if you can. Our site's pretty cool!  :biggrin:

Offline DangerLiam

• Jobber
    • Danger Liam
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:27:42 AM »
I can't really comment on the site since I actually created it and I really don't wanna sound like I'm tooting my own horn but since I'm not in charge of running the fed side of things in any way I feel I can comment on that.  In my near ten years of fedding I have been in a lot of feds, over the last 4 years I've been pure Match writing and I know that they are the hardest type of feds to get right but I honestly think XWA does it well. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:36:56 AM by DangerLiam »

Offline DJS

• Jobber
  • Head-Booker and Leader of the XWA
    • The XWA BattleZone
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 01:12:07 PM »
Hey I'm DJS (or Diamond Jack Sabbath as I'm referred to fully) and I'm a member of the XWA BattleZone E-Fed and have been for almost an entire year now.

A bit of background. XWA was a fed that was shut down a while ago and came back in 2009, stronger than ever. In the time we've been back we've managed to go from a free proboards forum to a proper site. We've really rebuilt the XWA as a with the help of members of the forum such as Danger Liam, Angelus, Alex Sean, DGX and Tempest to name a few.

In early 2010, I was in search of a new fed to put my character in since the previous places I was in were a bit wrong for me with the added bonus of the admins and bookers being a bit big-headed and not very nice to work with. So I left and found the XWA and ever since, it's been my primary place for fedding.

XWA is full of talented writers with big, brilliant ideas and interesting storylines. Over the past year of our second incarnations existance we've had such in-depth and excellent storylines and angles such as the year long feud between Rose and DGX, the conspiracy behind the attempted assassination of the MadDog and one of the biggest stories of the year- the Legion, an anarchic cult-like group of young wrestlers trying to take over the XWA from the inside (Which I take a little bit of credit for if I may ;)).

The best part about the XWA is that you can do whatever you like with your character with no problems. No one has to approve it, you can go straight ahead and make your character represent what ever you want him to and do whatever you want him to do. In matches, you write your character as you would like to see them, which brings me onto the next thing. In the XWA, unlike most other feds the winner of the match is voted on by some admin or group of admins, it's decided by you. Yep, once all matches for a given contest are submitted, the members may vote for who they want to win the given match and explain why in detail. If you're on the losing, the members won't just go 'ah it was rubbish', no. They will give you constructive critisism and tell you where you went wrong and what to work on for next time. This helps especially if you're new. When I was new to XWA I was a bit crummy when it came to matches I'll admit but the other guys saw that and helped me along the way and now I'm a lot better than I was. That's the thing- if you're struggling a bit with anything creative you don't need to hesitate to ask someone for help there and no one gets special, preferencial treatment- everyone is treated equally and given the same opportunities no matter what your experience.

Yeah, this is a bit of a long review/write-up and a bit longer than I had anticipated myself but everything I've said is no word of a lie. If you join the XWA, you'll be joining one of the friendliest and I fully believe best E-Feds on the internet. You will not be disappointed.

www.xwabattlezone.com

Like Match-Writing? Interesting Characters And Intriguing Storylines? Total Character Freedom?
We do.
Check Out The XWA BattleZone Today!

Offline TheGodfatherPRW

• Jobber
  • Oderint Dum Metuant
    • Professional RPG Wrestling
  • eFed: PRW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »
I am on the roster.

As a new member to the boards, XWA's layout and style is unique and exciting.  To write your own matches in the full, vote on your fellow members' works, tell your storylines so freely...it is truly refreshing.  Having been on the controlling side of an efed for so long, it is great to participate on a site that is well managed.

One of the coolest aspects of the XWA is the cash system.  Win your matches, contribute promos, win titles; earn cash.  You can buy various things, most notably a hand drawn avatar for your character.  It is an added bit of incentive to spur on the competition and it really works.  It also helps that the current roster is full of competitive writers already.

There is not anything bad I have to say about the fed, really.  They're pretty organized, the staff is friendly.  It is a place worth investing your time should you wish to try match writing.  I would recommend this place to anybody.

9/10 DGX "Truths"

Offline judasbleek

• Jobber
  • eFed: nBW
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 03:24:47 PM »
As I have been looking over there past shows this place is awsome.

Offline M2S

• Jobber
  • The Most Hated
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »
I been trying to get in contact with you guy's over at the XWA Battlezone. I've been keeping a eye on you guy's and i like what i have seen. I have been thinking about bringing my tag team back, which goes by the name of "Menaces II Society" or "M2S" for short. Evan "The PosterBoy" McKnight & AfterMath are the two wrestlers that make up "M2S". I would love to bring them back in XWA, you guy's can contact me on AIM or just PM me on these boards.

Offline johawn

• Jobber
  • XWA Representin'
    • XWA Battlezone!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 11:39:58 AM »
Just a reminder that we're still going better than ever and we've updated the information in the OP.

Offline Blake Jones

• Jobber
  • eFed: XWA, EP
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 08:54:01 AM »
A great fed to be a part of. Lots of good people. I just no-showed this past week, but my opponent and the admin team did not get angry with me. We have a roll call, so if you can't write a match for that week, you can just make sure you're not on the card. Very cool fed to be a part of.

Offline DJS

• Jobber
  • Head-Booker and Leader of the XWA
    • The XWA BattleZone
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 05:29:08 AM »
I would just like to add, we now have a developmental territory "XWA Genesis" as part of our boards, so if you're someone interested in match-writing but you're not confident jumping in at the deep-end OR you're not used to this style of fedding and wanna give it a go, Genesis is where you can learn.

Think of it as the "try me" button of the XWA.

Like Match-Writing? Interesting Characters And Intriguing Storylines? Total Character Freedom?
We do.
Check Out The XWA BattleZone Today!

Offline JesusHernandez

• Jobber
  • eFed: NCW
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 03:53:02 PM »
Make sure you sign up on XWA! I'm there as PA3, it's an amazing efed.

NCW, click on the logo to view our site.