Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Again, you, yes YOU! Review some efeds in the efed database, it's what all the cool kids are doing. Besides buttsex and dope.

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic:  SHOOT Project  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Valentine Lionheart

• Mid-Carder
  • The Arrow Has Left The Bow
  • eFed: Orion
Re: SHOOT Project
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 02:27:17 PM »
New to SHOOT.

As some here may know. 2012 wasn’t the best year for me fed wise.

A long term fed that had been running since 2007 died once I had made my pinnacle there and really hit my stride.  A second fed born out of the first floundered after 4 months. And then Finally ZuWar a place I had worked hard in to help build suddenly disappeared faster than a magic act.

I had noticed during my time in these feds that OOC was almost non-existent. That all most seemed to care about was Wins/Losses over story, and that egos were allowed to run rampant and dictate the pace of a fed.

And so I find SHOOT incredibly refreshing.

The competition is of a high standard. And SHOOT rewards these great efforts by it’s RPers with top notch results, “radio” shows and in-depth feedback on RPs and Results. I haven’t had a match yet but am just ITCHING!!!! To have at it with these excellent RPers.

Also the emphasis on storylines has me hooked; people in SHOOT work together in a similar way to angle feds without sacrificing the competitiveness of the fed. With wins and losses I haven’t seen any complaints or egos. In fact I have seen losers congratulate winners and stories adapt, change and even improve despite the outcome of a match.

I think a lot of eFedders can learn from this; A loss can sometimes be better than a win for your character and story; if you are a good enough writer and you are in a decent fed like SHOOT then no matter the outcome you will always benefit.

Which brings me to OOC.  In my 12 to 13 maybe even more…Years of feeding I have met a lot of cool people in this game. But never in such little time. G is an awesome guy to talk to, very genuine, open and with a heart of gold. Mason who is a mod here is easily in my top 2 fedders I have ever spoken to and in my top 3 for those I have worked with on angles and stories.

As for everyone else. It’s an eclectic bunch of really cool people, a lot of great OOC posts, a decent chat atmosphere and so far I have had some decent convosations about all sorts of things. One night we were discussing a “Re-Booking” of the nexus and then another the Legacy of the Undertaker. But all in all it’s been a fun experience and I have been made to feel very welcome by everyone in SHOOT.

Offline Ainsley Lake

• Jobber
  • eFed: SHOOT
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
As for everyone else. It’s an eclectic bunch

I know you're talking about me, you punk.

Offline Valentine Lionheart

• Mid-Carder
  • The Arrow Has Left The Bow
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 05:35:26 PM »
I know you're talking about me, you punk.

I was hoping to sneak that one past you! Gargamel it! You're just too sharp for my tactics huh? lol... :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:59:32 PM by Valentine Lionheart »

Offline Phillip

• Jobber
  • Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • eFed: ZuWar
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 12:08:38 AM »
Good fed. Congrats

Offline G

• Main-eventer
    • SHOOT Project
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 02:38:40 PM »
Thanks, Dozer.

Offline G

• Main-eventer
    • SHOOT Project
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »
SHOOT Project would like to offer its congratulations to Greg Nicholson for his new promotion to Public Relations Officer. 

Greg has been working his tail off to try and bring new talent, new ideas, and new traffic to the site through tireless involvement in the various communities that make up this hobby. 

It should come as no surprise to anyone that Greg would receive this honor, and the SHOOT Project has him to thank for his hard work.  We in the administration are looking forward to his continued hard work and involvement with us here in SHOOT.

-The SHOOT Project Staff

Offline G

• Main-eventer
    • SHOOT Project
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 07:32:27 PM »
We believe we've got the manpower to start booking Dominion again, so we're going to be doing that. With the growth we've been experiencing people are getting left off the cards, and that's definitely not something we want. 

So, the goal is going to be to up our match output to about 10-12 matches per week (5-6 per show) with Revolution being on Monday and Dominion being on Tuesday, with bookings for both going out at the same time so we can avoid a "brand split".

Dominion was used before for a trial run in 2011 and is proudly making its return to our brand April 9th, should all things go smoothly.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:36:57 PM by G »

Offline G

• Main-eventer
    • SHOOT Project
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 09:02:27 PM »
SHOOT Project has updated the look of its homepage. Take a look around and let us know what you think!

Offline KINCAID

• Jobber
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 05:58:06 PM »
Former member. Very recent departure. Publishing a review now that I’m impartial.

I’ve bounced around a few feds in my time in the hobby. I’ve been doing this eight years and in that time I’ve been in three feds. Those feds have been of very, very high quality. I was in Studio 21/Evolution 21 for a while. I still believe it had some of the best writing in the hobby. Fantastic characterization. Great people. After that I moved on to New Era Wrestling, another one of the Roughkut Top Ten. You can sing New Eras praises all day long. Essentially, what I got out of that was the same experience I got out of Studio 21 but with a far better OOC environment. So, basically, my standards are VERY high when it comes to doing this thing. I fancy myself a writer, you know? Trying to do a book, all that good stuff, so what it takes to keep me happy well…it’s tough to find.

I was very happy with SHOOT Project. If there’s one word that I’d use to describe the fed it’s “professional”. Even during  the last few months of the fed, it’s clear that the fedheads had a vision of what they wanted the fed to be. The webpage was reworked. There were a few staff changes to ensure quick turnover with the shows. In a hobby that concentrates a lot on the handlers for how a fed is being run, SHOOT always gave me the feeling that they were examining how they did things as much as we were.

The actual ewrestlers doing their thing in SHOOT are a great collection of talent. One of the things I appreciated while I was there was the huge variety of characters.  A lot of feds now are basically filled with two characters: Kickpad wearing “pure wrestlers” and the rap music blaring cocky heels. Oh, and the occasional dark monster. SHOOT had everything from ivory monsters to womanizing technicians to southern horror inspired heels to lumbering easily manipulated of mice and men style monsters. The characters and refreshing and interesting. Out of character, everyone’s really approachable. I made fast friends there and was really surprised at how fast I felt like part of the crew. In other feds, my biggest problem was that I wasn’t able to socialize with people. I was really surprised with how easy SHOOT was to slide into.

Matchwriting in SHOOT is surprisingly high level. Mostly, I was surprised at how they were always able to find people to cover the huge amount of matches they have without ever finding them to be stale. I never felt like they were by the numbers even though they’re running like, fourteen to sixteen matches every weekend. A lot of the writers are pulling double duty. Now, lately, there’s been a late show here or there but that’s because everyone’s absolutely swamped. It’s getting to the busy time of year for a lot of people’s jobs. There have been a few hiccups (this week’s shows were each a day late), but these are rarity’s. Certainly, they have a lot less late shows then other places I have been.

There are podcasts and the like that get done a lot. They’re long, sprawling things and there’s a distinct feeling that you should be in chat for these things and you should get involved in them. I never could myself. They were always a bit long for me. Everyone seems to love them though, and if you’re down to laugh for a while at some late night funnies than listening to Greg and the crew shoot the snork over a few beers can be pretty good.

If I have one criticism of SHOOT, it’s that they can come across as a bit defensive for my tastes. This is a fed that has been doing their thing for a long time. They’re extremely proud of what they’ve done and what they continue to do. There’s been a lot of talk in this thread, praise from members about how SHOOT doesn’t have an ego. Now, full disclosure: I left SHOOT very recently due to OOC drama about this sort of thing. I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t a little sensitive to it so you should take this opinion with a grain of salt. I disagree. An ego isn’t just the kind of thing where you constantly have to be talking about how great you are. It’s also about being sure that you’ve got everything nailed. To this end, snork in SHOOT gets out of hand way too easily.  There’s lots of stupid little things that might rub you the wrong way. The constant insistence of spelling SHOOT in all capital letters even in general conversation has always annoyed me. In the few months I’ve been here, there’s been drama I think three times. All of these times they were incidents that should of ended in a second. Instead, because people took it personally, things got out of hand and went way further than they needed to.

They’ve been doing this for thirteen steady years. That’s far longer than most places. Josh and his crew have put in the work and they don’t hesitate to tell you so. They’ve been called “elitists” in the past and the defense is “We really are as good as we say we are” and “If you don’t like it, no one’s making you read it.” Both of these things are true. Neither is a ridiculous thing to ask and it’s an honest choice that you have to make. Know when you’re joining SHOOT that experience leads to confidence. How much confidence they’re justified in having is up to interpretation.

Something else I really appreciated about the place is a staff that’s constantly in contact.  If you’ve ever been a newbie in a fed, you know how frustrating it is to feel like you’re stuck out in the cold. You spend your first little while there waiting for someone to approach you to get a storyline going. Well, I never had that problem in SHOOT. Within being there for a week, with everyone being so social, I had no trouble in approaching the staff and asking for ideas for a story. They suggested I end up working with a few people and in my second match I already had an angle worked out with someone. Now, this was a few months ago. Now there’s even more people on staff. There’s an even broader group of great RP’ers you can talk to about what’s going on in the fed. If I had such an easy time getting in contact with people months ago than it should be even easier now.

So, overall, a hugely positive experience in SHOOT. Arguably the best fed I’ve ever seen. There’s enough good things about SHOOT that I could get a few more pages out of this (Haven’t even gotten to how regular and helpful the feedback is), but this post is getting a little long. It’s not perfect. Their opinion of themselves is a little higher than I’d appreciate, and they can never just let someone disagree without four people rushing to defend the status quo, but the fed has it’s snork locked DOWN.  I’d especially recommend SHOOT for people who have been doing it for a while and are sick and need something new. If you’re bored with the same feds full of stuff, if you feel like you’re doing the same thing over and over go to SHOOT. It’s easy to break out. It’s easy to establish yourself fast. Valentine Lionheart hasn’t been there long at all and he’s already tearing it up both because they aren’t afraid to give chances and he knows how to take them. They like to vary their format up. There’s tournaments, different types of titles, “series” style events. You could show up and establish yourself fast in any of them.

It’s a fantastic place. I’d recommend it to anyone.

Offline J

• Jobber
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 09:14:51 PM »
Definitely sorry it didn't work out with you, Kincaid. 

You have my recommendation and endorsement for anywhere you might be interested in and that might be interested in you.

Offline G

• Main-eventer
    • SHOOT Project
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »
At our most recent Pay Per View, Master of the Mat, SHOOT Project had over forty characters on the active roster (with alternate characters included). As such, Josh and B reinstated the Rule of Surrender Championship belt thus giving SHOOT Project three mid-to-upper card singles titles (Iron Fist, Sin City and Rule of Surrender), a World Tag Team Belt and, of course, the World Heavyweight Championship.

TL;DR SHOOT Project currently has 4 singles titles and one set of tag titles.

Offline G

• Main-eventer
    • SHOOT Project
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 06:32:53 PM »
“SHOOT Project: The only other wrestling company that High Octane Wrestling is affiliated with. Great people at the helm and strong leadership will keep this company going for years.”
Lee Best, Owner of High Octane Wrestling1

Hey, everyone. There’s a few huge things going on in SHOOT Project recently that I wanted to let people know about, so I’m just going to cut to the chase.

First and foremost, Lee Best asked for SHOOT Project to be one of the four feds to sign on to High Octane TV, or HOTv, and the roster was VERY excited about the opportunity. From what we gather, HOTv is going to be run like, say, WWE 24/7, but with results and “promos” and really anything else that could be record being attributed to being on an uncensored, cable TV channel that will bring in (storyline) money to further wrestling worlds.

In short, SHOOT Project now has a ratings competition with HOW, PWX, NEW, and WARPED. Should be an exciting time to see all of what made SHOOT Project great before that much better. People are going to be on the top of their game, and the quality of work from SHOOT Project, and the other feds on the channel, is going to skyrocket.

Can’t wait to see what’s going to happen there.

Secondly, a lot is going on in the federation itself, storyline wise. We did just crown a new World Heavyweight Champion in Maya Nakashima. Maya’s been one of the SHOOT Project favorites since his debut in the company, and has been put through the ringer by his handler, so it was a really awesome moment in Maya’s history, and SHOOT Project’s history, and really signaled that HOPE has returned to SHOOT Project.

Project: SCAR, the stable that has really turned SHOOT Project on its head, just put “The Baddest Man Alive”, Adrian Corazon, in the hospital once again. We might’ve seen some dissention in the ranks at ELITE, so what’s coming up for Project: SCAR might be what all of the wrestlers have wanted from the beginning: its oust.

Thirdly (is that a word?), SHOOT Project has decided to shelve the Dominion TV show for now. With the HOTv expansion, we have decided that we need to put all of our concentrated effort into putting out one Hell of a Revolution every other week. What this means is not that we have given up on Dominion, but that we want to make sure the quality of work that we put it out is up to our personal standards – and we didn’t just call our last Pay-Per-View ELITE for lip-service.

Fourthly (oh, God, I hope that’s a word), many of you might have seen Twitter abuzz about SHOOT Project acquiring international feds and creating Reality Check Wrestling, AlieNation One Wrestling, and Celtic Dominion Wrestling. These are creative outlets handled by three staff members, and a way for handlers to possibly get storylines and backstories for secondary characters, or new characters coming in, if that's the route they wish to take. These are totally angled feds, no roleplays are being done, and it is handled much to the likeness of Extreme Warfare Revenge – single player game, with input from other handlers. Come take a look and follow along as three of the smartest minds in the company try to create a fun atmosphere, complete with storylines, results and updated roster.

And, to top it all off, coming up in the end of December, SHOOT Project’s Redemption PPV will feature an over-the-top Battle Royal, called the Redemption Rumble to determine a new Number One Contender to the World Heavyweight Championship. Loco Martinez currently holds that distinction, but as SHOOT Project has shown in the past, anyone could walk into Redemption as champion, and anyone could walk out of it as champion, as well. Last year, Valentine Lionheart came in just in time to enter the Master of the Mat (MotM) tournament, and parlayed his opening round spot into a MotM finals appearance at the MotM PPV, so now is the time to join in on the fun and get your character established heading into Redemption – ANYONE can win, but only SHOOT Project Soldiers can enter.

If you want to see the announcement for the HOTv channel, be sure to check out High Octane Wrestling’s Rumble at the Rock #6 over at www.howrestling.com, but only after you’ve gone to www.SHOOTProject.co m, looked around and hopefully put in your application.

Thanks for your time!

1: quote located at www.howrestling.com/affiliates
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:36:43 PM by G »