Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

The owner of RoughKut.com has only ewrestled (seriously) with a single character in his history, "HardKore" Steven Hanson. Who started basically as a immitation of Steve Austin. HardKore has never won an imaginary world title.

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic: [Original Wrestlers] [Roleplay] Viking Wrestling Federation  (Read 14621 times)

Offline Ian

• Veteran
  • Owner of the TFWF and co founder of Efed Knights
    • http://www.tfwf.net
  • eFed: TFWF
[Original Wrestlers] Re: [Roleplay] Viking Wrestling Federation
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 03:40:00 AM »
How did RKW get dragged into this?

Hows it being dragged into it? I mentioned it as something that from an apperance view and in the case of some fed heads were wank and yet its loved by many including me. Hence why its a successful fed...Jesus smurf, it was a compliment more than anything.
'Vince McMahon STILL wishes he was Ian Monks'

Nero signed up in The VWF as The Powerful Purple Ranger.  He RPed almost at the deadline on his first match in, 2 weeks ago, and despite a couple mass PMs and Emails to the roster. he no-showed his match tonight.  I'm not surprised, but still.

Nero Cain, thanks for wasting my time, and my entire roster's time as well.  I will enjoy having a Zord step on you. 

On the plus side, the rest of the Wrasslin Rangers are moderately awesome.

UPDATE

I have been informed that Nero apparently also flaked out on WARPED wrestling awhile back.

Now thats funny!!!

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
  • The Answer is ALWAYS B.
    • The VWF
  • eFed: VWF
Re: [Roleplay] Viking Wrestling Federation
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 03:41:43 AM »
I, for one... approve of my fed getting bumped over TFWF constantly.  We should keep this up.

You want to thank me for reviewing your fed?  Go review mine then.  Viking Wrestling Federation.

http://roughkut.com/kamp_v3/index.php?topic=15879.0

Offline Nero_Cain

• RK Shogun
  • Veteran
  • level 67 scum hunter
    • Decay Nation
  • eFed: RKW
  • WDC Record: R TEH CHAMP!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 03:55:53 AM »
I, for one... approve of my fed getting bumped over TFWF constantly.  We should keep this up.

:1nuts:

PM me if you'd like your fed or a role play reviewed.

Bitchy Blue Ranger - Storm "But Nero's a meanie"

Bitchy Blue Ranger - Storm "He's like the Simon Cowell of e-fed judging."

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • The VWF
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 04:05:20 AM »
That's it.  Keep working my minions... keep working....

You want to thank me for reviewing your fed?  Go review mine then.  Viking Wrestling Federation.

Offline Brand

• Jobber
  • eFed: UCWA
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 01:12:52 AM »
For a long time, I've been thinking about joining VWF. I never got around to it, but, I've always thought about it. I know a few of the people on the roster, Lukas, Jay, etc. So, I know the talent is there. Add in Triple B who is one of the most respected people in the eFed business, and you have a truly legendary mixture.

The site looks great. The links are easy to navigate, and the layout is pleasant to the eyes. The graphics aren't eye-popping, but I'm one of the people who thinks they don't have to be.

The fed is on Proboards, which I don't mind. In fact, I love Proboards. I think it's the best freeforum product on the market, and honestly, it has all of the functions that you need. It's easy to code, it's easy to make look good, and it works really well. No need in paying for something when the free version is just as good.

The OOC Atmosphere is incredible. There are a few people with 2000+ posts, which is unbelievable. It shows to the commitment of the roster to the fed, which is very, very important. I think this can also hinder some of the new people coming in, because people don't get a lot of the jokes that are thrown around, especially after they have been developed for the 11+ years of VWF.

The results flow really easily, and are archived very well. So... Yeah.

The roster is huge, with a lot of championships. It just goes to show the dedication of the staff of VWF.

The fed has taken on a life of its own, because, let's face it, anything around for 10+ years is definitely going to have its own "life". The gimmicks are ridiculous, but that's perfectly fine. We all need a place to get away from the crazy strict confines of normal eFedding. I don't constantly want to write like some sort of "model" professional. Sometimes I want to write something freaking crazy, because I'm a writer. We're all writers. And we all have a quirky side.

VWF is the perfectly place for those gimmicks.

So, in conclusion, I can't really add anything that hasn't been said before. The place is awesome, the talent is above average, and the history is storied. VWF is the benchmark of eFedding.

Five out of Five.

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • The VWF
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 02:29:41 AM »
Thanks for the review! 

Only thing that I'd point out, is that after having our forums on ProBoards for about 6-7 years, I finally decided to host our own.  Not sure where you found the link, cause I thought I scrubbed them all except for the "Old Forums" link (if you could PM me where you found it, I'd appreciate it) and for about 4 months now we've had the standard SMF forums all spiffied up.  http://www.thevwf.net/boards is the link, and it's linked up at the top and everywhere else under Forums.

Other than that, thanks for the kind words!

Offline Dick Tater

• Jobber
  • CEO of Wikkid Awesome Wrestling
    • [wAw]Wikkid Awesome Wrestling
  • eFed: wAw
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 05:16:20 AM »
Reviewing: VWF, Viking Wrestling Federation

First Thoughts - The first thing that caught my eye was how uncommonly exhaustive the Website was, information wise. I love it when an E-Fed has all the info/updates/news/contacts you need on their Website in order to keep the forum itself tidy and fixed on the "meat" of the game, free of crap cluttering the boards. It took me about two minutes to gather all the information I cared about and head to the forums. If I was a new member, I'd jump on the VWF bandwagon at the drop of a dime. The Website just screams "Hey, we're serious, we won't BS you, join us, you won't regret it".

I charged the forums and here are my thousand dollars. The forums didn't make me drool. They were organized, thorough, a few of them I, as a member, wouldn't use but the activity in them was vibrant and they're of good use to the members and the staff.

It's details time![whips out a magnifying glass]

= The Website =

*Main Page - I like the introduction even though it had a few spelling mistakes, but it gave me a good first taste of what VWF was all about. I came to the tragic realization that it was not about Vikings. I like Vikings. Anyway, I appreciate  E-Feds that accent a member in a "Superstar of the Week" type of thing, whether it'd be a  graphic or a short article about him/her/Orlando Jordan. Later on I found out that the little graphics they use are actually VWF Trading Cards. All the Affiliates are listed and some of the awards VWF has are as well. It's their wall of fame so to speak. They have a good reputation, strong connections with other E-Feds and are a crucial part of the CWC which is the best thing an E-Fedding community has come up with since they came up with E-Fedding. Again, it's all about first impressions and the first thing you see from the fed are its accolades. The Twitter widget is all fine, The Champions are well listed, you can contact the owner right away if he's online and violently request nudies, etc. etc.

*Application - I'm using a similiar application method for my fed and so far it has worked great for obvious reasons. People always add some vain crap to their applications, listing 20 moves their characters, their family's medical history and whatnot. This way they can't do that, they can't leave out or add information and it goes straight to a thread or Triple B's e-mail. It's also kind of fun, actually.

*Roster - This is perhaps the part of the website I don't like that much. The roster is listed correctly, but when I click to view their profile page, some of them are missing or the images are broken. It's a huge roster and it's hard to update I'm sure but it's been like that for a while.

*Storylines - Personally, I have never seen this as a part of a fed and I love it. It's very insightful and shows a potential member that things are going down in that E-Fed, people are not just randomly facing eachother waiting for the sweet release of a Fed-Head tantrum and a 404 Error shortly after. It's simple and it works. I believe it hasn't been updated since November 2010, but I could be wrong, maybe the storylines have not ended yet.

*The Glossary, Show Archives, Hall of Fame, Site Traffic etc. is nicely done. Like I said, all you need is there. Even things you didn't need but could use in the future. Everything's thought about.

*Fansite and Podcast - I checked that part of the website and I found some fun things in there. Trading cards, wrestling news, old man saggy tits and pro wrestling reviews. They're worth a read but nothing to spend hours at, unless you like old man saggy tits.

= The Forums =

*The Rules - The Rules are being updated frequently. I like that. It means that they're learning from their mistakes and adapting. The TimeZone info could prove useful to lads such as myself. I always end up trying to figure out what the fed's time is for me and I've missed Deadlines because of it. Won't happen if you're in VWF, though. They got that covered.

*Updates - I like the Updates part of the forums. *Snatch Steals*

*Requests - I didn't think anyone was using that but apparently they are. Good members, not silent members. Tells you something.

*Show/PPV boards - Nothing too fancy. You RP here, shows are posted there, Archive's here. That's about it. No need to confuse the simple minded.

*OOC Schtuff - There's plenty to do at VWF if you're not skull-raping someone verbally. They do some editorials, they post wrestling news, forum games, things to kill some time with. I didn't find any egyptian pottery in there so it's active too.

Conclusion: VWF is by far one of the best, if not the best fed I've ever had the pleasure of checking out. Makes you wonder why people are not learning from it, but instead create a clone of every bad fed out there and sit around in a dark corner, waiting for members. You don't even have to think about such things as constant no showers, douchebag staff and so on. The quality of the RPers isn't sky high either.You have a shot. With some hard work you could claw your way to the upper mid-card in a fairly quick amount of time. They have a few tough Main Eventers. It's a good fed, stable, organized and ran by people who know what the F they're doing. I'd recommend it to anyone.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 05:21:55 AM by Dick Tater »

Offline The Inquisition

• Mid-Carder
  • PRW Commissioner
    • Professional RPG Wrestling
  • eFed: PRW
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2011, 11:25:11 AM »
NOT ON ROSTER. This is my first E-fed review ever so I'll try and sum everything up as best as I can.

What can be said about VWF that hasn't already been said.

I'm not one very accustomed to traditional RP feds as I tend to lean towards match writing so when I first clicked the link on VWF today I was expecting to be greeted with a straight forum. Man was I wrong. A Homer Simpson facepalm and a witty one liner had me laughing and interested in this fed from the get go.

From there the website looked very nice. Everything is organised into its own little category and on the first page, everything you need to know is right there for you.

After accessing the forums VWF turns into your normal e-fed. The board is nothing to flashy but everything is nicely organised and the whole place seems very active.

VWF looks like a great fed, if not one of the greatest feds to be around. It's long lineage and active community give it instant credibility and as the person above me stated, I'm surprised there are no other VWF clones around. The staff know exactly what they are doing, they have their wits about them and by the looks of it they don't take themselves to 'SRS'. I'd recommend VWF to anyone looking for a great place to RP.

Offline Legion

• Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • http://vikingcru.wordpress.com
  • eFed: Experts
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 01:51:25 AM »
As alluded to in this vaguely vague teaser video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swDuT9VbNdo[/youtube]

The VWF is making a grand return in the new year. Truth be told, 2012 was an up and down year for us, mostly down...but with a steady support system, we're gearing up for something amazing in 2013 and beyond. I've updated a few things in the original post, and there will be plenty of website additions and fixes coming up soon, so feel free to consider joining the #VWFrebirth.

It'll be fun, I promise.

RPing in:

HIW - Bobby Azula
Siberia - "The Arbiter" Alex Rettop

The Experts VS CWC - On Hallowed Ground

"The Nicest Guy In E-Fedding"

Communities I Support (And You Should, Too):
RoughKut (this very site, lol)
E-Fed Knights
Kapow! GFX

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • The VWF
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 03:14:21 AM »
As Naobi said to Morpheous...

Some things stay the same.  And some things don't.

Triple B has returned to take back over the regins of The VWF.

Moving forward, Alex and CT will be staying on as staff.  However...

We will be moving to a show every 2 weeks with 4 PPVs a year at this time.  This could change as roster and staff fluctuates, but that's where it stands right now.

There will be alot of opportunities for titles and title shots in the extreme near future, so getting in now if you want to get involved in those is key.

Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/vwfefed
Find us on Twitter @thevwf

When checking us out, at this time, I would remind that we are currently looking for match writers.  Preferably someone who can pitch in 1 match a show.

There isn't a whole lot I can say to promote The VWF that hasn't already been said.  I don't take fedding too seriously, so if you're looking for a hardcore RP fed that you can delve years of storylines together and get pissed off if we have your valet who is pregnant get too involved in a match because they might lose the baby and they used a closed fist on that hit when it should have been an open hand slap... then I would suggest finding another fed.

Historically, we are drama free, enjoy humor and goofy gimmicks, and try to have fun with our shows and forums.  We have been open since 1998, and I believe the only fed out there that is still running longer than us is TFWF run by my good friend Sir Ian.  The VWF has won awards on pretty much every community it has ever been apart of, from Roughkut to EFK to CWC to Experts to FWL to all sorts of crazy places I can't even think of right now.  The VWF has been around almost 14 years, so we must be doing something right.

Thanks, and take a look.

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • The VWF
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2013, 03:54:09 AM »
As a side note..

We have had numerous signings in the last couple days.  We have a couple titles that are up for grabs, like our return of the Cabo Wabo Middleweight Championship.  While the next show is booked up, debut segments and other hilarity could ensue as you make my life miserable by destroying VWF property.  Lunch carts aren't cheap, people.

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • The VWF
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2013, 02:01:26 AM »
Well....

After 15 years, The VWF will be closing it's doors at the beginning of the year.

We have booked our last show, the Big Birthday Bash.  I invite anyone to stick their head in if you've ever been through The VWF's doors and take a look, enjoy the show, and see what we've all wasted good time we could have been going to the gym or painting fences instead of e-fedding for the last decade and a half.