Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Random RK Fact: RK's infancy was in 1998-1999 when it was called "The Ultimate Guide to eFeds". Under the name RoughKut, it was first hosted on Anglefire.com. Savvy visitors can still find parts of it.

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic:  Pioneer Wrestling Association  (Read 7928 times)

Offline Chamelion

• Mid-Carder
Pioneer Wrestling Association
« on: August 17, 2009, 01:26:45 AM »
I had the PWA up a while back, but it's gone off the site so re-listing.

Year Opened: The PWA *Pioneer Wrestling Association* re-opened in January 2008 and has not stopped since. It has a four year history from 1999-2002 and a second 2006 running.

Wrestlers: Original only, but we allow nods to WWE/TNA in promos.

What separates us from (most) other feds? 

1. Our main site has been built by scratch and has a lot of cool features you won't find in many other federations.  Make your profile, CONTROL your profile and where it is on the Roster *Active, In-active, Tag*

2. We have a radio program that runs intermediately to build up events.

3. A strong community of friends who work together to bring out the best in each other.

4. NO, and I mean NO OOC drama! I am firm that anything that starts OOC ends privately.

5. Constant communication with staff and handlers, to ensure that your ideas, suggestions, and problems get addressed in a timely manner.

6. A very strong record of on-time shows.  I think we had one show air two days late and yes, some one day late programs.. cause life rules sometimes, but with the recent airing of Summer Sizzler with nine matches and seven segments airing only hours into Sunday's scheduled airing, we still have a strong group eager to see the program succeed!

Now, the PWA is not explicitly looking for new wrestlers; we have a strong roster currently but we'd love to have more people check us out, ask more questions and see if the PWA would be a fed they'd like to give a shot at.

If anyone's interested in assisting in a staff position, we always welcome inquiries.  In fact, looking for a couple of 'reporters' specifically and of course, email to ask about that.

Link:  http://www.the-pwa.com/

Thanks,
Chris
Chamelion - The most devious SOB in the business today!
Owner - PWA - www.the-pwa.com

Offline Chamelion

• Mid-Carder
Re: Pioneer Wrestling Association
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 01:50:16 PM »
Major Update regarding the status of the PWA.

A Roster split just took place this last week, creating both a Saturday and Wednesday show, each show under different management (OOC) ran by two experienced fed-heads for each event.  The two bosses per show have already begun a 'war' to make their show the best of the two.

At the PPVs, the Show who has garnered the best month of events/RPs, will earn the headlining main event for their main championship.

When a new person applies, they choose which show to be on, and switching shows is as easy as asking.  Wanna be on both, say so.  Want one character on one, another char on the other, go for it!

So yeah, the PWA is now really digging it's heels to find new talent, as we currently have about 16 wrestlers on each show, but would gladly welcome more!.

C

scottnashstrader

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 01:34:30 PM »
Hey Everyone,

My name is Andre, but everyone pretty much knows me as Dre in the PWA. I'm one of the co-runners of Wednesday Night Chaos. This is a pretty exciting time for the PWA, as we are trying something most of in the federation have never done before. Also I feel that I can bring as a co-runner interesting and cool angles to only be held on our show. That's an incredible feeling.

Already myself and Figgy (co-runner of Chaos) are coming up with ideas to out do the other show. This is a ratings war, and lets face it, who doesn't like to win?

So come check us out. I know you won't be dissapointed.

Pohatu

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »
PWA is one of those few feds out there where the different tiers of competition are only semi-clearly defined. The chance for folks to step up and show what they've got is always there, and you WILL get out of this fed what you put in. Match writers, active promo writers, interviewers, whatever you see as your cup of tea, we likely need it right now. ESPECIALLY with the brand split we just recently went through.

Go PWA Chaos! :biggrin2:

Marts

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »
Here's Marts, aka the Dirty French Canadian. I joined PWA I's day 6 months ago and I'm really happy I restarted e-fedding there. People there are just insane (in a good way, of course) and are always ready to help you out if you need to learn the basics. What I didn't like abotu many other places was the fact it's always closed circles pushing themselves over and over, while in PWA, everybody gets an equal chance, so it's all up to you to jump on the opportunity or not.

So if you think of joining aN e-fed, it's the best time to get in PWA. The roster split just happened and there's a PPV event coming.

With that said: Join PWA now! :biggrinthumb:

Offline Chamelion

• Mid-Carder
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 01:29:22 PM »
I so gotta get my handlers to get over here and comment on the success the PWA Has been having. Guess they're too busy competing? (shrugs).

We still got two shows, both are on Saturdays now. May seem confusing but it works!  Currently we're looking to get some more fresh faces into the PWA and expand the competition.   After the X_mas break, the PWA will be getting a new look with a whole new backdoor program for running the fed.  I can't reveal what's in store, but will say it's something that will be unique or at least very rare in the world of E-fedding.  The PWA plans to be a place of innovation (Thanks to our web master)

More control of your characters!  Rankings computed by percentages.  Voting system to ensure fair and unbiased decisions every single week.  A solid group of match writers for main events/important matches.

Yes, we DO do recaps for some matches, as we focus more on the angles, story and advancing the players thru the ranks.

Two shows, two main titles, secondary titles and one tag team championship that is open to both shows.

No cliques; everyone gets a chance to shine.  You just have to be vocal! Talk ooc, send in segments, let us know you're hungry!

PWA will be starting it's third year in January, hope to see you as a part of it!

C
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:32:33 PM by Chamelion »

Offline masonv2

• Jobber
  • eFed: SDW
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 04:54:12 PM »
not on roster

I came across the PWA by chance. I looked around and reconized some names from the past.
The boards are active and overall its a good place. They have alot of talent in that place.

Offline Mark Zout

• Jobber
  • A Mark For The People
    • Mark Zout's Twitter
  • eFed: PWA
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:40:49 AM »
On Roster

This is a fantastic fed. I have learned so much about my writing, my promos, my character development, and respect for other handlers. I have literally pulled a one-eighty from terrible RPer to Good RPer in the course of a year with the PWA.

I love my ability to control and change my picbase, moves, gimmick, activity, and arch ON  MY OWN. Joe, Chris, and Rob have really done a great job with listening to everyone and working with us to deliver the most entertainment as possible out of the fed. It feels really great for our ideas not to fall on deaf ears.

It's a very close group, but a very open community. What I mean by this is that we're all really good friends in the PWA, but we're very open to new members. We welcome the new guys into our group - yes, even knowing they may only be there for three weeks. When suggestions are made OOC we work together to improve them often times before the poor fed heads are able to get back and take a look.

It is fantastic to belong to a community that asks questions and explores new possibilities together including rules, policies, and D-Day. When things need to change to serve the community's lives, they do. We have a fantastic probation policy for new rules, where we vote again after a few weeks to keep or delete whatever we have changed.

The fact of the matter is that if you want a BEAUTIFUL main page, wonderfully organized forums, an active and enthusiastic community, and freedom over your character in an evolving environment you can learn from, you want to be part of the PWA. Now.

Offline Huntersullivan

• Jobber
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 02:22:28 AM »
Former Member.

Yeah, former. Guess what, I'm not actually here to bash it, but rather to promote it. I hope that says something about the federation in question.

What did I like about PWA... hmm, well, I liked the people, competition, and the fact, if you have a website issue, like, man wouldn't it be nice if i could just.... click here and have this happen? Well it's smurfing possible.

Let me elaborate on each point.

People, there are a vast compliment of people on the site, not to say you'll be everyone's friend, but there will definitely be someone there to become your new E-fedding best buddy. Someone willing to work angles with you, feuds, and romanticize about tag teams. People who will make you excited to get in there and start promoing, or, as I had felt a few times in the past. "I sure wish this week would be over so I can get booked."
Someone is there ready to work with you, someone like Johnny Maverick (cheap plug) or someone like Ryan Ross (<3 you bro.) Hell, I'm sure Bean would create a character just to feud with you. If you want to get involved with a someone, contact them, most would be willing to do so, assuming they aren't already busy.

Now, a big selling factor for me, and I know a few other people put there, is being able to go out and look at a roster, seeing the competition there and saying "holy snork." You're going to lose a match, at least one. Consider it a promise. Want to challenge that idea? Go right ahead, find yourself booked against Matthew Engel, Kalis, Laura Estella, Jamie Flynn. See how fast your mentality lasts. But to me? That's a good, sobering feelings. Something to work yourself up to. I started about a year and a half ago (in Pwa), and maybe egotistically I can say, I'm pretty decent. Now, how many people do you know that have done this for about a year and a half and really know what they are at. That's not a self buff there, I attribute any, and all progress I may have had to the competition in PWA. I'm the type of guy who can say, "yeah you're better than I am.... for now." And I'll work on my craft and get better, these guys have tips of the trade, they know what they are doing. If you want to learn from the best, you go to PWA. Sure you could go to a lesser fed and run around world champion on your first PPV, but what type of accomplishment do you feel? You beat some of these guys in PWA, you'll pat yourself on the back in the morning. You earned it. 

That's not to say everyone is going to kick your ass. There are people of all skills, I'm merely stating upon our upper card and common winners, world champion type guys. The stiff competition. 

Now, Rob, is the guy who runs the site. Not the fed head, but he Legit runs the site. He also has such a strong understanding to EVERYTHING he does, that he can manipulate the site however  he, or the fed may want it. Suggestions are commonly tossed out, and taken in, considered, and it's not unlikely that things change. updates forgotten that you notice, they'll be on it in a moment. The sight's awards and whatnot's are updated normally immediately after the card goes up, or the day after.  The graphics on the site are donated by a masked vigilantly known only as imagemiester.

go in, stay a while, Ask for a graphic request, HOLY snork, there it is a few days later. smurfer must work over time just to cater to our damn needs.  These aren't snorkty, choppy, graphics. These are hands down, TOP NOTCH, graphics.  He helps make the site look pretty.

I recommended PWA to any person looking for a challenge, to learn and improve, or just a good involving time. I hope to see people join up soon.

Offline Alexagogo

• Jobber
    • Underground X
  • eFed: UX
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
With new management come new replies. Well, I say new management, it’s just me taking over the running of the fed while Chamelion (the founder guy at the top of the page here) is still around, lording over us mere mortals with an iron fist and playful smile. Essentially though, I’m running the show and so it’s time to get this thing back up and going.

So hi, I’m Alex. I’ve been doing this for what I often say is four years but it’s probably closer to then, however I refuse to check as that’ll make me sad. I’ve run one fed before that did well and done a handful of events here and there, so I figured I’d be a good hand to take over when the time came. For my part in the PWA I also handle Laura Estella and now Lisa Seldon. Which means yes, I am the world champ in the fed I run, but that was the case before I took over and I guarantee you I want be making it through one more defence.

As for the PWA itself, well, there isn’t a lot more I can say that isn’t already handled in this particularly glowing review from Hunter Sullivan above. We still have a guy whole make you graphics with just the littlest of prompting, we still have Rob working his site magic with his inside Dr Who-esque back end that make updating everything on the site a dream for both me and the handlers and we still have a likeable core of dedicated RPers who are willing to work with people on whatever ideas you might have.

Beyond that though we’ve got some other things you won’t see everywhere, like our open and accessible voting system. Nobody likes losing, but what’s even worse is losing and thinking you’ve been cheated because whoever is at the top either has it in for you, doesn’t like your style or just plain doesn’t care when it comes time to read the RPs. In the PWA that’s less of a worry, because we take match votes from any member willing to send them in and use these to better decide upon winners and losers. It’s like communism… if communism worked.

We also have hot chicks! Your fed probably has hot chicks too, but ours are competent and valuable members of the roster, who compete on the same level as the guys. It’s 2010 people and in the world of the internet, gender doesn’t have to hold people back from the earning all the fictional belts they can carry. In fact, right now four out of six of our titles (tag titles counted as two a piece) are in the hands of females. You won’t have to worry about chick belts and divas matches here. Not with us!

More than anything though, we also have opportunities. The PWA is a long standing fed with history going way back to when I was just a baby boy (not literally) flicking through geocities sites and thinking: wow, I wish I could be right there with the Charms and the Masters of Armageddon. Well… I did it and now you could too.

Our roster remains healthy, but with a few key members taking some weeks off for this and that, now is a good a time as any to make the leap to the PWA and make your mark. So come on, give it a go, become one of the fold, enjoy my seemingly never ending ramblings, marvel at the work of Itchy, that guy who handles Riona Langly who we mock relentlessly, rub shoulders with bonafide e-fed… people who e-fed, like Simon Kalis and his go awful offspring and laugh until your face turns blue and shrivels into cold flaps of skin at that indy fed we let share our boards. You can even pick fights with them too, because that’s what having a little brother is all about.

So yeah, it’s the PWA and you, it’s great and you are too! Oh what a perfect match you’ll make.

Offline Frozen Atlantic

• Superstar
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »
Welp, I have no familiarity with the history of this fed or the people involved, I've only read a handful of promos and skimmed a set of results.

BUT

I can tell you that Alex is one of the half dozen or so competent and non psychotic people in efedding who will contribute some unique ideas and put shows on time and generally make fedding a little less soulcrushing than usual.

So hurray for that.  :eyebrow:

Offline IronChefCanada

• Epic
  • Veteran
    • Epic Wrestling Organization
  • eFed: eWo
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 01:34:05 AM »
Alex is running PWA now?  Well, that's interesting indeed, and I mean that in the best of ways.  I've always kept an eye on this fed from a distance, and this development only means that I'll be watching even more closely.  I've long felt that a fed could do much worse than having Alex at the helm, and it'll be intriguing to see what happens next.

Congrats, PWA... and good luck Alex.

Offline Alexagogo

• Jobber
    • Underground X
  • eFed: UX
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 01:03:54 AM »
Thanks guys!

Honestly thought everyone from the eWo died, leaving on Jake Norton in their place, and that made me very sad.

Offline Wade Mason

• Jobber
    • True Glory Wrestling
  • eFed: TGW
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 05:20:38 AM »
I can tell you that Alex is one of the half dozen or so competent and non psychotic people in efedding who will contribute some unique ideas and put shows on time and generally make fedding a little less soulcrushing than usual.

So hurray for that.  :eyebrow:

Well, I don't know about the non psychotic part ;)

But the rest of this is 100% true. Not only is Alex a great person to take control of this fed because of his ties to it for so long (He cares about the history and what happens), but PWA is filled with a variety of talent and storylines. They have an affiliation program going on with REBEL PRO that has both feds on the same boards but it works very well.

As someone who used to be in PWA as an active character, it's really easy to get along with everyone so the OOC is great.

So if you're looking for a place that has a rich history, great atmosphere OOC , great results, a competent fed head, and a place you can work with the staff to get storylines going I give this a thumbs up.

The only thing that I think hurts this fed is the homepage on the main website could use an overhaul compared to a lot of websites out there.

So we'll say a 8/10 (1 point for the website and 1 because no one is perfect). A great pick for the RK Top Ten.

-Gabe

Offline Chamelion

• Mid-Carder
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 05:41:19 AM »

The only thing that I think hurts this fed is the homepage on the main website could use an overhaul compared to a lot of websites out there.

-Gabe

To be fair, the main site is more for functionality then it is for aesthetics. Rob did a tremendous and over the top job to create a site that eliminates nearly 95% of the work involved with updating.  It does the job and does it well. 

If he ever does finish the major over haul he has planned, expect even bigger and cooler things out of the front page.

And its been quite the honor to see PWA listed as one of the top ten sites here.... I can't say enough good things about everyone I have competed with and against over the past decade to reach this point.

C