Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Random RK Fact: "Kut" does not like long walks on the beach, in fact he hates them.  :mad2:

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic:  What was your favourite showdown?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Montiero

• Veteran
  • Meh...
  • eFed: None
What was your favourite showdown?
« on: August 23, 2005, 09:58:06 AM »
I thought that since the end of this tournament is just over a week away, it would be ideal to travel back down memory lane. Which bit of competition was your favourite? To the judges, which match was the best to mark? And who did you think was going to reach the semi finals?

I'll start this thing.

My favourite opponent was Clancy McClean, simply for the fact that he hit me with the most unexpected shoot. I really had to step up my game for that one.

I was expecting to see Mason Hawk and Clancy McClean in the semi finals, along with Neon Leon and Vernon Vanderbilt.

I suppose two out of four wasn't a bad draw though.  

Offline TheHardcoreLegend

• Superstar
    • http://core.sccw.info
  • eFed: CW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 10:28:40 AM »
My favorite opponents were Donnovan Midas and Jay Gold.  Both men pushed me a little bit further then I originally was going to go.  But I do have a feeling that Neon Leon is going to push me a little farther.

As for Semi-Finals.  I expected it to be Mortiis Magnus, Neon Leon, Jay Gold & Vernon Vanderbilt.  So like Montiero, I was half right.  
CEO/President of Core Wrestling

---
Formerly Handler Of...
Cyris Raven
Robert Letner
'The Freak' James Brock
White Wolf {GLWA Jobber}
'The Irish Knight' Seamus McArthur [RKII Semi-Finalist & RKIII Unwinner]
'Head of GLWA Security' Donald Rice {GLWA Jobber}
Tyler Cross

Dreadnaught

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 12:11:31 PM »
I gotta second Mo on the Clancy nomination. As well as throw Johnny V into the mix. Both of these made me really step my game up, and made me a better RPer in the process. It makes all the difference when you have quality opponents!

Skull

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 12:27:39 PM »
Really, looking back on it, I think there was a clear and obvious favorite in every match I judged.  Difficulties came when the writing styles were so completely different, it made it difficult to draw comparison, ie KC v Mental or Anderson v Magnus.  My thoughts on the semi-final were originally Mortiis, Vernon, Seamus, and McClean.  To be honest, Montiero, I never really paid attention to your stuff until you threw me a curve ball by beating out Clancy.

Offline Notorious

• Veteran
  • Hardcore. Indy. Sleaze.
    • Second to None
  • eFed: 220
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 12:33:21 PM »
so far, seamus vs midas, but i expect seamus vs neon leon to top it.

Vanderbilt

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 12:47:35 PM »
My favourite opponent thus far was Martial Law.  He had me scratching my head for bit, trying to figure out what angle to take against him.

Other favourite matches...I liked McClean vs. Montiero quite a bit, as well as McClean and Dreadnaught.

My semifinal expectations...I figured on Montiero, Magnus, McClean, and Leon.  I never ceased to be amazed when I advance, and though I always put in maximum effort, I am always aware that my next opponent could always be my last.  I'm looking forward to this round's match against Montiero.  It should be a good one.

Offline Ian

• Veteran
  • Owner of the TFWF and co founder of Efed Knights
    • http://www.tfwf.net
  • eFed: TFWF
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 01:50:14 PM »
My favourite moment was re-reading all my judgment comments...damn I am so right all the time.  
'Vince McMahon STILL wishes he was Ian Monks'

Nero signed up in The VWF as The Powerful Purple Ranger.  He RPed almost at the deadline on his first match in, 2 weeks ago, and despite a couple mass PMs and Emails to the roster. he no-showed his match tonight.  I'm not surprised, but still.

Nero Cain, thanks for wasting my time, and my entire roster's time as well.  I will enjoy having a Zord step on you. 

On the plus side, the rest of the Wrasslin Rangers are moderately awesome.

UPDATE

I have been informed that Nero apparently also flaked out on WARPED wrestling awhile back.

Now thats funny!!!

Leon Taylor

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 03:18:45 PM »
Actually the real favourite showdown for me has been between Kut and Withrow lol the story was great

Offline TheHardcoreLegend

• Superstar
    • http://core.sccw.info
  • eFed: CW
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 04:22:44 PM »
Suck up
CEO/President of Core Wrestling

---
Formerly Handler Of...
Cyris Raven
Robert Letner
'The Freak' James Brock
White Wolf {GLWA Jobber}
'The Irish Knight' Seamus McArthur [RKII Semi-Finalist & RKIII Unwinner]
'Head of GLWA Security' Donald Rice {GLWA Jobber}
Tyler Cross

Offline RoughKut

• I'm not your boy toy.
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Leader of the old generation
    • http://roughkut.com
  • eFed: RKW
  • WDC Record: 2 W 5 L
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 08:29:20 PM »
Actually the real favourite showdown for me has been between Kut and Withrow lol the story was great

Bout time I got some props for writing that awesome story.  
Don't forget to check http://roughkut.com 's homepage for original ewrestling blogs!

The Formula

{ Repetition = Members - Reputation = Good Members }

Need me? AIM @ r0ughkut

http://twitter.com/Rough_Kut - For important RK updates, site crashes and general information about my sex life and lots of emo whining.

RK is now on Facebook! Join us!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RoughKutcom/305158163173

Offline Donnovan Midas

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 10:52:32 PM »
©Èѧخ I got knocked out quick so I have to say my favorite showdown was against Seamus (You no good basterd) you wrote a wrestling version of pulp fiction and took the win... I will be happy as hell if you win the tournament because I can say that the guy that kicked my ass in round 2 took the whole tournament...

But my favorite role-player in the entire tournament and I am pissed that he didn?t win... I mean I am so pissed that I think I am going to leave Roughkut.com IS ...
CA$H...lol
You got to love this kid, he post 100 times during the two rounds he was in the tournament and then once he loses he takes off and we never see him again... If you ask me he could whoop all of your asses...

Actually I didn't read all of the role-plays but I must say that I really digged BINKYS role-plays and I always enjoy J-VO's role-plays... But allot of respect to Neon Leon for coming in the tournament as an extra and making it all the way to the end...Judges you guys kick ass (I am just kissing your asses for the next tournament) but seriously you guys had the ©Èѧخtiest job of all... You had to choose between some of the hardest competition that I have seen in a long time... Thank you notorious for making my match with Seamus worthy of mention... Also I would like to thank the ACADEMY ... oh ©Èѧخ wait wrong ©Èѧخ... KUT you still smell like poo but your storyline was great... By far the best tournament I have ever seen (Shhh guy?s don?t tell him that I have only seen one tournament)

Oh P.S you all suck ass...
TERRIFIC!!

Jake Foster

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 12:16:09 AM »
Well...I had no-shows my first two rounds, then I no-show the third round.  I never had a damn match! lol

I think my favorite match-up had to be against Mortiis Magnus.  Sucks I was sick that week, but sith happens.  The stuff in his roleplays against me gave me the ideas for the storyline I'm going with now in TNW.  Plus, this tournament gave me a feud, lol.

Leon Taylor

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 02:37:47 AM »
Well...I had no-shows my first two rounds, then I no-show the third round.  I never had a damn match! lol

I think my favorite match-up had to be against Mortiis Magnus.  Sucks I was sick that week, but sith happens.  The stuff in his roleplays against me gave me the ideas for the storyline I'm going with now in TNW.  Plus, this tournament gave me a feud, lol.
  is that why you speared Leon at the supercard in his match?!!! Heh he still won though *maniacal laugh* mwaa haaa haa!!

I thought I'd see Mortiis here somewhere too though

LoneGunman

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 07:35:09 AM »
Nice topic, Monty.

The only two 'competitive' opponents I got (i.e. that didn't flake or simply no-show) were Montiero and Dreadnaught.  Major props to both of those guys.

I'll say it right now - Dread totally surprised me with what he came up with.  He just stepped his game up about tenfold which led me to having to combat him with two RP's that I'm particularly proud of.  A tough opponent but a fun round.

As for Montiero: Personally I was disappointed with my work that week.  I spent far too long working on that 'shoot' RP that really didn't pay off, and not enough on my second which to my great surprise ranked considerably higher than my first.  It's the first and last time that I'm leaving anything like that so late in the week...  Monty and I both maxed out in what, the last two days or day and a half?  The timing wasn't the greatest, but it was still a VERY worthwhile opponent and Monty's earned a lot of respect in my book.

Semi Finalists?  Early on, I found it a lot more open, but since about Round 4 I've been going with Vanderbilt, McArthur, Leon and Montiero.  At the start I would've had Mortiis Magnus and Mason Hawk very highly up there too.

Offline Jason Violent

• Veteran
  • hWo 4 Lyf, yo
  • eFed: UcW
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 11:08:43 AM »
Well, my favourite opponent from this one has to be Vernon Vanderbilt (even if he did beat me *shakes fist*) - mainly 'cos he was the only one I got to have a back and forth with, since my round 1 opponent was a no-show and my doubles RP was something thrown together while I was working out what to do for my second X-Net World Wide RP.

My favourite match from the tourney as a whole though has to be, as I've said before, Dreadnaught vs Clancy McClean. I really got a kick out of those two's work.

Because I'm Jason - By God - Violent... and you are not.

UcW: Home of Jason - Bah Gahwd - Violent (and his kid sister)