News: The #1 unwritten rule of RoughKut.com: Don't diss the carrot.

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic: [Original Wrestlers] Orion Promotions  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Mason Pierce

• Mod-Squad
  • Main-eventer
  • eFed: OrPro
[Original Wrestlers] Orion Promotions
« on: January 07, 2014, 08:46:30 PM »

Destiny. It's a wonderful word,isn't it? Everyone gets into e-fedding with the dream of controlling their own, only to find themselves trying to compete with preferred “original roster” and “old buddies from two feds back” who always work with each other. All of a sudden, so many find their destiny being determined by things they have no control over.

I'm here to tell you that it doesn't have to be like that.

Welcome to the world of Orion Promotions. We might not sound like your typical wrestling e-fed. After all, we're not billing ourselves as “Extreme”, “Worldwide”, “Global”, “National” or anything like that. Well, that's not an accident. We don't bill ourselves like the other feds because, quite frankly, we're not like all the others. We’re not trying to create an e-fed that is fancier than anything in the real world. We are proud to present a place that feels like somewhere even a rookie could come into and feel like he belongs.

Orion Promotions was built upon a single mission- to learn from the pros and cons that other promotions have, while at the same time keeping things fun, flexible, and maybe even managing to bring something new and innovative to the table- and in this day and age, that's an awfully tall order with so many feds out there.

For starters, we don't operate on a standard weekly or bi-weekly format. Our shows are run on ten-day cycles. Seven for roleplaying, three for judging and writing of the shows. This will help ensure on-time shows without having to sacrifice quality.

Roleplay limits are not fixed. Some matches in the upper parts of shows might require two apiece, while the lower and mid-card matches might only require you to post one.

Now you remember the part about destiny? Here’s where you get to take control of your own. It’s called The HotList. It’s a way to have the handlers decide how their characters get booked. Want to get those big matches? Get your character over. Roleplay. Tweet. Send in segments. Submit news and rumors for our reports. All those things will get you further up the list. We believe that you should get out what you put in. Backstage politics are a thing of the past.

Titles? There’s a pair of them right now- our big belt and one for tag teams. That’s right- we want teams as well. While some places might look on a tag team scene as an afterthought, we see things a little differently.

Now comes one of the big questions you’re probably asking. Does this guy have any experience? Well, we (yes, there’s more than one of us running this) have a significant amount of experience, both in roleplaying and in running and staffing feds. And when I say significant, I’m talking years, not weeks or months. Needless to say, we know what we’re doing.

And how about handler experience? We welcome players of all skill levels, from the rookie who might just be starting a career in e-fedding all the way to the savvy veteran who’s been doing this for years. Don’t worry- if you’re just starting out or maybe wanting to hone your skills before moving up the show, you can. We won’t throw you to the wolves and force you to compete outside your skill level just because someone else wants to get over. We want this to be fun for everyone, and that involves matching people at their own level and letting them improve at their own pace.

I’m guessing at this point you’re wanting to know more. You want to know where this place is. You want to come visit us and maybe even join us. See that lovely logo at the top? Click on it. Go ahead. You know you want to.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:22:42 PM by Mason Pierce »

Offline Mason Pierce

• Mod-Squad
  • Main-eventer
  • eFed: OrPro
Re: Orion Promotions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:47:37 PM »
In breaking news, Orion Promotions has acquired its own domain. We're now much easier to remember at http://orionpro.ws

Offline KINCAID

• Jobber
  • eFed: Orion
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:32:22 PM »
Recent member here.

I was super excited to join Orion because I know many of the staff and RP's in the fed. I've previously worked with them over at SHOOT Project where they fostered this great creative spirit and an awesome social atmosphere. I'm happy to say that's continued over to Orion. To be honest, I'm one of the most annoying handlers to have in your fed. I'm CONSTANTLY bugging staff and friends on the board to brainstorm new ideas, and to make tiny little changes to stuff. Orion's crew have been great for helping me freshen up a decade old character at this point and get me really excited to get back into the game.

What's really exciting is even with the fed being so young a few guys are already establishing themselves as big factors. Guys like Captain Howdy, Mephisto and and Marz are all going to be a big deal. But it's also a chance to get in at the ground floor and shoot up the ranking system. Now is the absolute PERFECT time to join the fed because it's at a great tipping point. There are guys who have established enough of a name that a win over them means a lot, but we're also looking for exciting new talent.

The first big supershow Origin is coming up. It's gonna be wild. I'm super excited. Come join the fed. I honestly think it's going to be the next big thing.

Offline Valentine Lionheart

• Mid-Carder
  • The Arrow Has Left The Bow
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »
What drew me to Orion from the offset is that I have a lot of faith in Mason, I’ll make no secret of the fact that Mason and I have been friends in this game for a few years now; and that I trust his judgement and opinions in efedding completely.

The aim of Orion? To provide a fun, fair and well managed eFed with an eclectic cast of characters both IC and OOC.

With the first Supercard; “Origin,” now in the books and first Champion crowned (Captain Howdy) it’s an exciting time to be a member of the roster, I for one am stoked to be RPing here and cannot wait to face off against the many talented members of Orion.

Orion are now starting the climb towards the second Supercard, the aptly named “Ground Zero” where plenty of opportunities are to be had, alliances to be forged, stories to be told and rivals to battle against. If you are looking a mix of story and competition in 2014 and beyond then Orion may be the right fit for you.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:38:23 AM by Valentine Lionheart »

Offline CHINasty

• Mid-Carder
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 11:40:56 AM »
I'm glad to be affiliated with this place.  :biggrinthumb:

Offline KINCAID

• Jobber
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 06:51:22 PM »
./
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:35:04 PM by KINCAID »

Offline WBSWefed

• Superstar
  • eFed: NAW
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 05:13:49 AM »
I looked into Orion once. It looks nice, it's a solid place, and if I didn't have umpteen billion things going on at once, I'd totally partake.