News: Deep thoughts: If trees could scream, would you chop them down? You would if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

-Advertise your banner cheap! - Tired of having bad credit? I know how to get it fixed, PM ME.

Author Topic: [Original Wrestlers] [Roleplay] Viking Wrestling Federation  (Read 15091 times)

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
  • The Answer is ALWAYS B.
    • The VWF
  • eFed: VWF
[Original Wrestlers] [Roleplay] Viking Wrestling Federation
« on: July 08, 2009, 01:13:09 AM »

Fed Name: Viking Wrestling Federation (The VWF)

Fed URL: http://www.thevwf.net

Fed Owner: Triple B

Staff: AlexK, CT

Owners's Contact: E-mail: tripleb@thevwf.net

Years Established: Nov 1998

Style: (RP/Angle/Other) Roleplay. Occasionally slight angle, when all parties work those out among themselves.

Layout: (Site/Forum based) Site, with Fan Site subsite and forums.

Number of titles:1-3 singles VWF World Heavyweight Championship, Intercontinental Championship, Eurocontinental Championship, United States Championship, Britannia Heavyweight Championship, Cabo Wabo Middleweight Championship, VWF World Tag Team Championships

Number of shows per week: 1 biweekly (Crucifiction)

Number of PPVs per year: 4-6

Real/Fake Wrestlers: Fake

Number of RPs per week: (Max or Minimum) 2 RP per wrestler, per match, per show max.

Why you should join: Open for 14 years.  Some of the greatest roleplays and people have come through our "doors" over the years.  A Roughkut and E-Fed Knights Hall of Fame fed, and voted Fed of the Year by almost every e-wrestling site out there worth a salt.  Check it out for yourself.  Rated a Five Star fed on Roughkut before the data loss, The VWF is a fed where atmosphere is everything, and fun is the only real rule. Former Top 10 fed on RoughKut.  Voted Fed of the Year numerous times on Roughkut, CWC, FWL, Efedknights, Experts and others.  This is a laid back fed that still does it for fun and has nothing left to prove, so if you're looking at getting into the game for the first time, or just want to enjoy a great roster who puts it all into shows, this is it.  If you want a hardcore fed that you can write novels in about how your character turned into a vampire after he solved who killed JFK and then directed a movie, you should try another fed.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:16:07 AM by Triple B »

You want to thank me for reviewing your fed?  Go review mine then.  Viking Wrestling Federation.

http://roughkut.com/kamp_v3/index.php?topic=15879.0

Offline Maybon

• Veteran
    • I Am The Reader
Re: [Roleplay] Viking Wrestling Federation
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 02:13:26 AM »
Isn't there already a posting for VWF? Or is it a different one?
I love homosexual English butt sechs as much as the next guy.
I hate every single one of you not called Maybon or Stoner.

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • The VWF
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 02:28:37 AM »
It disappeared in the data loss, so all the comments and ratings are gone from the old posting.  So, I re-posted it.

You want to thank me for reviewing your fed?  Go review mine then.  Viking Wrestling Federation.

Offline Maybon

• Veteran
    • I Am The Reader
I love homosexual English butt sechs as much as the next guy.
I hate every single one of you not called Maybon or Stoner.

Offline The Rick

• Jobber
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:22:47 AM »
Probably best to delete the one I added and use the one posted by B as he knows the place better than anyone! :D

Offline Rhodri Caladan

• Mid-Carder
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 11:22:27 AM »
ON THE ROSTER

A little about me: I joined VWF in January 2008 and have had a few characters there now, two of them were highly experimental.

Having been in VWF for a year and a half now I've got to say I've not seen many feds out there with such a comfortable and fun OOC environment. The Rick is friendly, approachable, and more than happy to consider ideas and whatnot. Results and storylines are well thought out. The bulk of the roster have been there for quite some time (like, years) and offer a range of ability meaning a new member would find VWF very easy to get their character involved with, regardless of their level of experience/ability/comfort with a new character. I can't say I've seen another fed I'd prefer to be a part of over the VWF.

VWF is also a global fed associated with The Experts and participates in their inter-fed events.

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • The VWF
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »
Whoops!  I didn't realize Rick put it back in.... my bad.

I'll go fix that.

Offline Triple B

• The VWF Master Blaster
  • Mod-Squad
  • Veteran
    • The VWF
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:48:24 PM »
Follow The VWF on twitter!

www.twitter.com/thevwf or @thevwf

Offline Wade Mason

• Jobber
    • True Glory Wrestling
  • eFed: TGW
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 02:16:19 AM »
Follow The VWF on twitter!

www.twitter.com/thevwf or @thevwf

=P

I never saw anyone doing this, then I did and a handful of my roster does. Since then, I've seen a handful of feds doing it. It's actually a lot of fun to do. +1 of awesomeness to VWF.

StevenJones

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 05:57:45 PM »
Whoops!  I didn't realize Rick put it back in.... my bad.

I'll go fix that.

I didnt know you and Rick were that close, does your wife know?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:58:13 PM by Steven Jones »

StevenJones

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 06:13:53 PM »
Ok, well it all started when I was a wee little lad, and I was going to become a fake wrestler who won his matches not by training in a gym, or going to a wrestling academy, or a training facility... no people... I WENT TO THE VWF!!!! As I approached its massive website structure, a giant Coliseum of web pages galore that made my mouth drool with delight, and squirm like a giddy little school girl on prom night, I said to myself.... MY GOD... this is VWF! I then imagined myself getting hit in the head with a chair, no showing, and doing all the great other things that was in store for me, like playing my entrance music on my iPod 50x a day. My application was quickly accepted, and after winning one of many glorious titles in the VWF, and was accepted as one of their own. I took a 8 month absence for personal real world stuff. *GASP* you might say, something more important then the imaginary world of e-wrestling, BLASPHEMY!!! Tis true my dear friends, as I wept in woe, and burnt scented candles and prayed that the almighty B would forgive me one day I would have dreams about The VWF, and returning and being the great imaginary champion I had hoped to be. I have recently come back to The VWF, pleading and begging B to take me back, after briefly 2 seconds, he said ok..... leave me alone.... NOW! One day I hope to achieve its grandest prize, The VWF World Heavyweight Championship, then of which I will completely announce my retirement, no show, and block BBB from my AIM and MSN.

Seriously, Brad runs the best fed I've seen so far. Been in 3, and staffed in many. Never owned a fed, and I never want to. If you want a good atmosphere, and OOC Board that has random comments, and funny moments, join The VWF!

and I'm not just saying that cause B said he would job me to a gay chipmunk for the rest of my illustrious career. Seriously, I'm not....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 06:16:03 PM by Steven Jones »

reverend

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 02:37:40 AM »
The VWF. What is there to say about the VWF that has not already been said. For one, the owner, Brad, looks GREAT in a grass skirt and coconut bra. Just ask him. He'll tell you...

Seriously, the VWF is a great place to roleplay. The OOC banter is priceless, and there is a level of camaraderie not found in most other efeds. I've been a member there since November '05 and would not dream of going anywhere else, so long as Trible B gets the damn Harcore Soda machine working...

By the way, if you do join up, ignore CT. He's an ass. LOL

Offline sm148073

• Jobber
  • eFed: UCWA
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 06:04:18 PM »
This is about the 15th time I've reviewed VWF in three years and it seems to look better each time I check it.  I've seen so many efeds with websites that are just all over the place and difficult to access. (or maybe I'm just an idiot and can't find my way around a port-a-potty) The VWF is the easiest website of an efed that I've ever seen to get around and find exactly what you are looking for with relative ease.  They have so much to their place that I wish I could do, but I just don't have the resources to get the job done.  I checked the roster which is also easy to view along with all the other links to their website which are active and updated consistently.  Their forums are similiar to their website in the fact they are easy to get around and also bring a laid back OOC atmosphere.

Triple B obviously knows what he's doing in efeds and places like RK or he wouldn't have been around for over 12 years now actively in efeds.  If you want to rp for somebody that knows what he's doing, Triple B is the obvious choice and VWF is the place you want to be.

Offline Davey

• Jobber
    • Ultimate Championship Wrestling Alliance
  • eFed: UCWA
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 11:32:31 AM »
[Assuming my sm148073 account gets deleted soon, I thought I'd repost this under my old account that I had miss-remembered having.  Sorry to be a pain!]

This is about the 15th time I've reviewed VWF in three years and it seems to look better each time I check it.  I've seen so many efeds with websites that are just all over the place and difficult to access. (or maybe I'm just an idiot and can't find my way around a port-a-potty) The VWF is the easiest website of an efed that I've ever seen to get around and find exactly what you are looking for with relative ease.  They have so much to their place that I wish I could do, but I just don't have the resources to get the job done.  I checked the roster which is also easy to view along with all the other links to their website which are active and updated consistently.  Their forums are similiar to their website in the fact they are easy to get around and also bring a laid back OOC atmosphere.

Triple B obviously knows what he's doing in efeds and places like RK or he wouldn't have been around for over 12 years now actively in efeds.  If you want to rp for somebody that knows what he's doing, Triple B is the obvious choice and VWF is the place you want to be.

Offline DaveyDecay

• Superstar
  • WOOO!
    • XCORE WRESTLING™
  • eFed: XW™
  • WDC Record: 3-3
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 06:58:35 PM »
The following is my opinion, and mine alone, it does not represent RoughKut or my fed, xCore Wrestling.

The Site: I like the splash image lol. Now upon entering the main site I instantly notice the VWF letters are blurry on the header image. I like it when words/letters are clear and not blurred down, it shows it's been compressed too much. Anywho... the rest of the site is fairly basic, the links at the top are nice and big and easy to navigate through, but it's all basic html/css. Graphics are just basic and I just don't know what to think about the background image, it's kind of trippy, kinda cool, and kind of boring at the same time. But, an eFed isn't just viewed by the main site alone... which is where the next subject takes over.

The Boards:  I hate... and I mean... HATE... ProBoards... Not my taste, plus never really any good layouts for it... this one is just crud. The overall design is horrid and not really eye-pleasing... BUT... the overall activity makes up for it. Plenty of boards, each one well deserved to not be a subforum. The boards are active, just poor in GFX design. Which is whatever, I'm sure that can be changed real fast if someone knew how to edit the design with better gfx work and make things look really pretty! The site and forums gfx wise aren't nearly as good as I'd expect for a Top 10 efed on RK, but I know why they're in the spot they are in.

Overall: While, if I were to base this off the design of the site and forums I'd only rank this a 3/10... the overall feel the fed, the owners experience, and the dedication of the fed is spectacular. They're a top eFed for those reasons alone. They've been around since 1998 apparently, which is one of the longest feds I've seen. They show no signs of stopping, but, I, myself, would never join because I like going to sites that actually look good on the eyes, not just good dedicated members. That isn't the case for all, which for VWF's sake, is a good thing. Triple B is an amazing owner, so I would recommend it to other people.... so my overall score based off everything really is 7/10... It needs work GFX wise and then I believe this would be a 9/10 or 10/10 fed. Good job Triple B, and keep up the great work.

Hope you enjoyed my review and constructive criticism I did give out, and I hope you can find the time to review my fed, xCore Wrestling, when you get the time. :)

FIRST EVER:

I think this is a good example of reputation = good members.

(yes I'm going to take all the credit for your success lol)

Quote from: DaveyDecay
There is a lot to this game, and I think instead of dreading how it's become, or how well the past was, we should be working on the future of it, as well as making the present style more creative and innovative.